From: Joe Kotroczo on
Hello everybody,

Two questions: does anybody know what happened to the company called
C-Audio?

And: does anybody happen to have a schematic for a C-Audio ST600 amplifier?
There's one here that came back from a job smelling of "magic smoke", and a
look inside showed a bunch of burned resistors. Burned to the point where
the colour rings are gone, of course.

The amp still works, bizarrely, but we didn't test it properly, just hooked
up a small speaker and a cd player.

If anyone's interested, I can take a couple of pics tomorrow at the
warehouse.

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: Eeyore on

Joe Kotroczo wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Two questions: does anybody know what happened to the company called
> C-Audio?

Bought by Harman UK who moved them to Borehamwood, firing all the assembly
staff in Cambridge and then realised they hadn't a clue what to do with the
pile of parts they'd bought.

> And: does anybody happen to have a schematic for a C-Audio ST600 amplifier?
> There's one here that came back from a job smelling of "magic smoke", and a
> look inside showed a bunch of burned resistors. Burned to the point where
> the colour rings are gone, of course.
>
> The amp still works, bizarrely, but we didn't test it properly, just hooked
> up a small speaker and a cd player.
>
> If anyone's interested, I can take a couple of pics tomorrow at the
> warehouse.

2u job ? With one puny fan at the back blowing blistering hot air over the
reservoir caps at the front ?

If it's the model I think it is, I could tell you a thing or two about that.

Graham

From: Denny Strauser on
Joe Kotroczo wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Two questions: does anybody know what happened to the company called
> C-Audio?
>
> And: does anybody happen to have a schematic for a C-Audio ST600 amplifier?
> There's one here that came back from a job smelling of "magic smoke", and a
> look inside showed a bunch of burned resistors. Burned to the point where
> the colour rings are gone, of course.
>
> The amp still works, bizarrely, but we didn't test it properly, just hooked
> up a small speaker and a cd player.
>
> If anyone's interested, I can take a couple of pics tomorrow at the
> warehouse.

Joe,

I'm interested. Send the pics - to MY email. Anyone with common sense
can deduce my email address w/ info given. Hopefully bots can't.

Thanks,
-Denny
From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 30/06/08 0:00, in article 48680610.935B9796(a)hotmail.com, "Eeyore"
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Two questions: does anybody know what happened to the company called
>> C-Audio?
>
> Bought by Harman UK who moved them to Borehamwood, firing all the assembly
> staff in Cambridge and then realised they hadn't a clue what to do with the
> pile of parts they'd bought.

So they're gone.

>> And: does anybody happen to have a schematic for a C-Audio ST600 amplifier?
(...)

> 2u job ? With one puny fan at the back blowing blistering hot air over the
> reservoir caps at the front ?
>
> If it's the model I think it is, I could tell you a thing or two about that.

It's a 2U job, with a single fan in the back, but the front half only
contains a big transformer.

It's this one: http://www.gbaudio.co.uk/data/st600.htm

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 30/06/08 0:03, in article 1s6dnR_TZM0nm_XVnZ2dnUVZ_vqdnZ2d(a)comcast.com,
"Denny Strauser" <dennysound_comcast_net> wrote:

(...)

>> If anyone's interested, I can take a couple of pics tomorrow at the
>> warehouse.
>>

> Joe,
>
> I'm interested. Send the pics - to MY email. Anyone with common sense
> can deduce my email address w/ info given. Hopefully bots can't.

I'll get the pics this afternoon.

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

 |  Next  |  Last