From: Eeyore on

Gareth Magennis wrote:

> Anyway, don't MOSFETS, which C Audio mostly used as their output devices,
> suffer from real RF if the PCB etc is not carefully designed?

That's one way to make them oscillate ! LOL ! They were fun to tame when they
came out.

Good point though. Check the value of the series gate resistors. Expect anything
between 100 and 1000 ohms. Quite possibly ~ 330.

Graham

From: Gareth Magennis on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Gareth Magennis wrote:

>> > I've put the pictures here:
>> > http://homepage.mac.com/kotroczo/PhotoAlbum62.html
>> >
>> > Am I right in assuming that the left side should be the same as the
>> > right
>> > side? Same value resistors? It looks like that, but I'd rather be safe
>> > than sorry.
>>
>> Those 3 power resistors that look burnt are possibly part of the Zobel
>> network. If you simply replace them they may just go again until you
>> find
>> why they burnt, which may be RF oscillations.
>
> Agree 100%. Or inadvertent 'RF' on the input.
>

>> Check also the capacitor(s)
>> in this network, or better still just replace it as well. And the one on
>> the other side for good measure.
>
> Not quite sure why you suggest that, unless they're physically burnt.

I seem to remember coming across a faulty one in a C Audio, and ever since
have just replaced them along with the resistors as they are so cheap. If
the resistors have burnt, then the caps may well have taken a beating too,
or may even have caused the problem, and I don't have to worry about them
any more.

Gareth.

From: gwatts on
Phil Allison a/k/a ALLISON, PHILIP MARTIN of
7/19 Prospect Rd
Summer Hill NSW 2130
Ph: +61 02 9799 8242
ABN: 88 719 310 180
wrote:

> "gwatts" == who ???
>
> ** This trolling, psycho fuckwit is one:
> " Galen K. Watts " of Arbovale, WV...

etc etc.

Ya been gone a while, Phil. I missed ya, but my aim is improving!

Gee Phil, wrong about 'supersonic' AND off your meds again.

Tsk tsk.

Oh, by the way: BANG!

Har har har! Almost got ya!
From: Denny Strauser on
gwatts wrote:
> Ya been gone a while, Phil. I missed ya, but my aim is improving!
> Gee Phil, wrong about 'supersonic' AND off your meds again.
> Tsk tsk.
> Oh, by the way: BANG!
> Har har har! Almost got ya!

Thanks for your insight ... just what we need. Someone to encourage &
participate in the pissing contest.

Not that I don't appreciate the entertainment. But..........

-Denny
From: Gareth Magennis on

> Gareth Magennis wrote:
>
>> Anyway, don't MOSFETS, which C Audio mostly used as their output devices,
>> suffer from real RF if the PCB etc is not carefully designed?
>
> That's one way to make them oscillate ! LOL ! They were fun to tame when
> they
> came out.
>
> Good point though. Check the value of the series gate resistors. Expect
> anything
> between 100 and 1000 ohms. Quite possibly ~ 330.
>
> Graham

What kind of frequencies are we talking when they oscillate like this?

Gareth.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: Advice needed