From: gwatts on
Denny Strauser wrote:
> gwatts wrote:
>> Ya been gone a while, Phil. I missed ya, but my aim is improving!
>> Gee Phil, wrong about 'supersonic' AND off your meds again.
>> Tsk tsk.
>> Oh, by the way: BANG!
>> Har har har! Almost got ya!
>
> Thanks for your insight ... just what we need. Someone to encourage &
> participate in the pissing contest.
>
> Not that I don't appreciate the entertainment. But..........
>
> -Denny

I think you're one message too far down the thread.
From: Eeyore on

From: bob on
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:21:42 +1000, "Phil Allison" <philallison(a)tpg.com.au>
wrote:

><bob(a)yeruncle.com>
>>

>> To be technically correct, RF would apply to any frequency capable of
>> generating
>> radio waves,
>

> ** WRONG.
>
> The context being * audio amps * makes it wrong usage.
>

>...... Phil

So you say that because it's an audio amp any oscillations in the amp have to be
related to audio - IE supersonic rather than radio frequency?

Fair enough I guess... I never thought about it before.

Thanks Phil

Bob

From: Eeyore on

bob(a)yeruncle.com wrote:

> "Phil Allison" wrote:
> ><bob(a)yeruncle.com>
> >>
> >> To be technically correct, RF would apply to any frequency capable of
> >> generating radio waves,
> >
> > ** WRONG.

Correct. Therer are however conventions that seek to separate the accepted bands.

> > The context being * audio amps * makes it wrong usage.
> >
> >...... Phil
>
> So you say that because it's an audio amp any oscillations in the amp have to be
> related to audio - IE supersonic rather than radio frequency?
>
> Fair enough I guess... I never thought about it before.
>
> Thanks Phil

Except that *SUPERSONIC* means something else entirely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersonic

I accidentally used the term once myself here when I meant ultrasonic and Phil gave
me no end of trouble over it. You see Phil is in his mind 'never wrong', he has a
mental illness, so he's not to be taken entirely seriously although he is quite
technically competent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasound

Is the one you want, but most techs call oscillation in 50-100kHz+ or so region
'RF'.

Graham

From: bob on
On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 02:15:30 +0100, Eeyore
<rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>bob(a)yeruncle.com wrote:
>
>> "Phil Allison" wrote:
>> ><bob(a)yeruncle.com>

>> > ** WRONG.
>
>Correct. Therer are however conventions that seek to separate the accepted bands.
>

>> > The context being * audio amps * makes it wrong usage.
>> >
>> >...... Phil
>>
>> So you say that because it's an audio amp any oscillations in the amp have to be
>> related to audio - IE supersonic rather than radio frequency?
>>
>> Fair enough I guess... I never thought about it before.
>>
>> Thanks Phil
>
>Except that *SUPERSONIC* means something else entirely.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersonic
>
>I accidentally used the term once myself here when I meant ultrasonic and Phil gave
>me no end of trouble over it. You see Phil is in his mind 'never wrong', he has a
>mental illness, so he's not to be taken entirely seriously although he is quite
>technically competent.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasound
>
>Is the one you want, but most techs call oscillation in 50-100kHz+ or so region
>'RF'.
>
>Graham

Well, I've done my share of work on RF equipment, from short wave radio to
business UHF and VHF FM, including communication towers and city wide cell
transmitters, so I know the definition of RF : RADIO FREQUENCY ; which can be
found in defective audio equipment.

There is something definitely wrong with that Phil character! Imagine swearing
at everything anyone says that doesn't exactly fit your concepts! Wow, what a
psycho! There must be a name for that disease, beside delusions of grandeur...
maybe he's short and has a Napoleon complex! There are a few like that at
work... but nowhere near as bad. I bet he works alone, no company would accept
a toxic personality like that for long... he acts like everything everyone says
is some kind of challange to him!

And I also bet money he ain't married! Possibly that's part of his psychosis,
hasn't been laid since the 60s!!

I'll make a point of ignoring him from now on, that really bums the trolls!
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: Advice needed
Next: Rock Band PA Suggestions