From: Denny Strauser on
Phil,

In spite of what you think, I know that you have much intelligence to
share. But, your abrasiveness masks that. (Read: Prior Posts - Your Choice)

-Denny
From: Eeyore on

bob(a)yeruncle.com wrote:

> To be technically correct, RF would apply to any frequency capable of generating
> radio waves, which is actually any alternating current, even within the audio
> range, EG the USA military talks to it's submarines with an 11khz RF
> transmitter... but it's important to note the difference between audio and
> electrical energy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:EM_Spectrum_Properties_edit.svg

Graham

From: Eeyore on

Phil Allison wrote:

> "Rupert"
>
> 'Ultrasonic' would be the correct term. Common mistake just like
> calling 'infrasonic' "subsonic." No such thing as a subsonic filter,
>
> ** Wot idiotic pedantic twaddle.
>
> What IS common usage IS correct !!!!
>
> The terms " supersonic oscillation " and " subsonic filter " ARE the
> correct terms cos they are part of audio electronics jargon.

So WHY did YOU 'correct' me once for innocently making exactly the same
mistake ?

Yes, we KNOW you're perfect.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

Phil Allison wrote:

> <bob(a)yeruncle.com>
> >
> > To be technically correct, RF would apply to any frequency capable of
> > generating
> > radio waves,
>
> ** WRONG.
>
> The context being * audio amps * makes it wrong usage.

RF starts @ ~ 10 kHz.

Graham

From: Eeyore on

Phil Allison wrote:

> "Eeysore rabid fuckwit and lying charlatan "
> >
> >> Well actually it was to clear up whether "RF" is the correct term for the
> >> frequencies involved or not.
>
> ** The * correct term* is the one in common uses for the matter.

COMMON or CORRECT ?

Graham

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10