From: Sjouke Burry on
Rui Maciel wrote:
> ED wrote:
>
>> You've said nothing of your experience level. If you're very new at this,
>> take a look at this:
>> http://www.electronickits.com/Books/Electronics%20For%20Dummies.htm
>
> I've had a electromagnetic field and waves course in college, but it was a long time ago (it's all a
> blur by now) and it never delved beyond the basics. What topics do you suggest I should wrap my
> head around?
>

> Rui Maciel

For fun:
> http://scitoys.com/
> http://www.exploratorium.edu/snacks/snacksbysubject.html
> http://www.funsci.com/texts/index_en.htm

All do fun things with electricity(and other stuff).
From: David Eather on

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9600
From: John Doe on
> I would bet that nowadays you can find massive amounts of all
> levels of circuits on CDs. That is what I would look for.

On second thought, I would probably skip CDs and just find the example
circuits on the Internet.
From: Jasen Betts on
On 2010-07-12, Rui Maciel <rui.maciel(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> 1jam wrote:
>
>> good one. Also get a book on basic / beginner electronics and maybe check
>> out a magazine like Nuts & Volts.
>
> What information should be covered in those basic/beginner electronics books?

The book should have some projects you can build, theory is important,
but it's good to have somthing you can kick too.

> Regarding Nuts &
> Volts, I would prefer to keep away from providers of subscription-only content.

Check out a few public libraries you may find one with a collection of
electronics hobby magazines.

> Are there any sites that are worth following?

makezine and instructibles often have good stuff, although the quality
at instructibles is sometimes wanting.

There's some free lectures here too.
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-002-circuits-and-electronics-spring-2007/

From: JW on
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:06:30 +0000 (UTC) Cydrome Leader
<presence(a)MUNGEpanix.com> wrote in Message id:
<i1g04m$aig$2(a)reader1.panix.com>:

>you can grab a cheap am radio, remove the cover and even just poke around
>at the parts while it's on.

Battery powered of course, if poking with your fingers!
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: The ideas of time?
Next: Cheap Wholesale Bape Shoes