From: milt on
On 7/7/2010 11:07 AM, Adela wrote:
> Thank you Rui, at least now I know the whys! Is this an economy matter?
> The reason I had the newsgroups in my OE in the first place was that I had
> problems entering them through the web site, so now I have to go back to it?
> :o) Adela

No, its a "Microsoft wants more control and they can't get it on
newsgroups" matter. Its also a "Most of our users aren't smart enough to
access newsgroups because they can't just 'click here' to get them,
therefore they are lost, so we are putting them on the web" matter.
From: Greg Russell on
In news:eXbH05eHLHA.5668(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Adela <nuevadela2(a)rcn.com> typed:

> ... Is this an economy
> matter? The reason I had the newsgroups in my OE in the first place
> was that I had problems entering them through the web site, so now I
> have to go back to it?

M$ "web forums" are NOT Usenet, despite their insistent propaganda.

Use a real Usenet server like http://individual.net - it's only 10
Euros/year. All your favourite newsgroups will continue without M$'s
interference.

From: Unknown on
Ridiculous. It is not a control matter. Be informed not opinionated.

From: Unknown on
Get the facts instead of your opinions.

From: Greg Russell on
"Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in message

> Ridiculous. It is not a control matter. Be informed not opinionated.

Laughable. If one depends on M$ for their information, they are brainwashed,
not informed.