From: Steve Cochran on
After starting the Answers Bridge, then go to Tools | Accounts | Add | News and add the server 127.0.0.1. Then download the NGs from that server and you can then read the messages and post, but you have to be logged onto the Bridge first. Be prepared for bugs, if you are unfamiliar with Microsoft.

steve

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See...

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

OE General, IE General, and Windows Updates newsgroups were dropped from the
MS newsserver earlier this week, Adela.

These forums replace all WinXP newsgroups:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxp

You'll find your friend Bruce Hagen in this forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads

You will find support for Internet Explorer in this forum now:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads

NOTE: Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your current
IE version (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: N. Miller on
On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:20:00 -0500, Unknown wrote:

> Get the facts instead of your opinions.

The facts are what they are. Microsoft has less control over the Usenet than
they have over their own web servers. So, yes, it is all about control.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
From: Greg Russell on
In news:ONOGaahHLHA.5668(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Unknown <unknown(a)unknown.kom> typed:

[top-posting context restored]

>>> Ridiculous. It is not a control matter. Be informed not opinionated.
>>
>> Laughable. If one depends on M$ for their information, they are
>> brainwashed, not informed.
>
> There's an opinion again! Geeeeeeeeeeeeze!

There's your own braimwashed idiocy again.

From: Anthony Buckland on

"Adela" <nuevadela2(a)rcn.com> wrote in message

> Hello, several of my newsgroups I had on my OE are disappearing, including
> my Outlook Express 6.0 newsgroup...When I clicked on one newsgroup, a
> popup message said it doesn't recognioze it or doesn't exist, and when I
> got rid of the popup, it also took with it the newsgroup. It happened
> with 3 or 4 of them too. Now I only have left this one!
>
> Anyone could tell me what's happened here? And do you think I could
> retrieve the other newsgroups I had like the Internet Explorer, OE and
> don't recall which others?
>
> Thanks ever so much! Adela

They're alive and, to a degree anyway, well, but you
need to access them by an alternate route. I use
news.giganews.com (about USD 8 a month), but
there are other routes.