From: nospam on
In article <39j8u5l9nouhl04hjgn14spnpvbf1hkjid(a)4ax.com>, me
<me(a)mine.net> wrote:

> >Use the cable, direct to printer or computer.
>
> The CP-990 requires a driver itr is not recognized as a mass storge
> device.

no it doesn't require a driver at all.
From: me on
On Fri, 07 May 2010 13:28:51 -0400, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>In article <39j8u5l9nouhl04hjgn14spnpvbf1hkjid(a)4ax.com>, me
><me(a)mine.net> wrote:
>
>> >Use the cable, direct to printer or computer.
>>
>> The CP-990 requires a driver itr is not recognized as a mass storge
>> device.
>
>no it doesn't require a driver at all.

http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/170/r_id/116678/sno/1

What's included in the download

"NDCD.zip" contains drivers for the Coolpix 880/990 digital cameras
and for the D1-series cameras only. These cameras were not Mass
Storage or PTP devices and therefore required a manufacturers driver
for communication to a Windows system.
From: nospam on
In article <4nk8u5p5t1m5fhffud61dq5lp5slbsn6u2(a)4ax.com>, me
<me(a)mine.net> wrote:

> >> The CP-990 requires a driver itr is not recognized as a mass storge
> >> device.
> >
> >no it doesn't require a driver at all.
>
> http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/170/r_id/116678/sno/1
>
> What's included in the download
>
> "NDCD.zip" contains drivers for the Coolpix 880/990 digital cameras
> and for the D1-series cameras only. These cameras were not Mass
> Storage or PTP devices and therefore required a manufacturers driver
> for communication to a Windows system.

oh, it's a windows problem.

get a mac. the coolpix 990 works fine, no drivers needed. great camera
too.
From: me on
On Fri, 07 May 2010 13:53:59 -0400, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>> >no it doesn't require a driver at all.
>>
>> http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/170/r_id/116678/sno/1
>>
>> What's included in the download
>>
>> "NDCD.zip" contains drivers for the Coolpix 880/990 digital cameras
>> and for the D1-series cameras only. These cameras were not Mass
>> Storage or PTP devices and therefore required a manufacturers driver
>> for communication to a Windows system.
>
>oh, it's a windows problem.
>
>get a mac. the coolpix 990 works fine, no drivers needed. great camera
>too.

Just use a card reader That's what I did from the day I bought mine
now one month short of ten years ago. I still use it at work for it's
macro capability and where the rotating headand flash allow it to take
shots which are much more difficult using other cameras.
From: Mike Russell on
On Thu, 6 May 2010 20:06:26 -0500, Mothman wrote:

> Problem! Have images on a 512 compact flash disk but can only view the
> images on the in-camera screen. I can't download to any device/folder
> for printing and I really need the images for an insurance claim. any
> help/advice would be appreciated. I have used this disc for some time
> and have never encountered this problem. Thanks, Bill in NC

Here are a few ideas:

1) If you have the camera's video cable, output the images to video and
photograph the screen with a different camera, or use a capture card to get
your images.

2) Use a photo recovery program to locate and repair the images. I've had
good luck with PhotoRescue, and there are many others that will do the job.
Be sure that the software you use will backup your original CF card, so
that you do not end up losing the images.

3) If you have the camera's USB cable, see if you can access the images
that way.

4) The 990 also supports DPOF printing, so that's another way to get the
images out of the camera. Hook up to a compatible printer and have the
camera print.
---
Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last