From: Don on
On 28 Feb 2006 22:49:30 GMT, Marjolein Katsma <nobody(a)example.net>
wrote:

>> !=> If you yourself considered the relational model, why are you so
>> surprised when I merely submit it for consideration? <=!
>
>Because I considered it *as a model of the current hierarchical file
>system* and rejected it because I found a hierarchical database a *better
>model of the current file hierarchical system*.

The question was *NOT* why relational model should or should not be
rejected/accepted (that's what you tried to answer above and last
time).

The question is:

Why are you surprised when I merely submit it as one of the options
for consideration (*without* making any recommendations!).

Especially after you yourself considered it!

>What I am surprised about is that you do *not* apparently consider
>anything at all as a model for the *current hierarchical file system* -
>before even discussing a new system

And how did you come to that conclusion?

It's certainly not based on anything I wrote!

I never *recommended* any specific course of action, but merely
submitted all options for consideration.

Don.
From: Marjolein Katsma on
Don (phoney.email(a)yahoo.com) wrote in

> I never *recommended* any specific course of action, but merely
> submitted all options for consideration.

Except a basis for comparison :)

--
Marjolein Katsma
*Help with HomeSite/Studio: http://hshelp.com/