From: Surfer! on

Does anyone know where I can download this? Not from Nikon so far as I
can tell. I got a nasty jam of three card-mount Kodachromes and luckily
managed to clear it by hand, but my reading of the SF-200 manual
suggests the bit of software would have been very useful...

--
Surfer!
Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net
From: Marjolein Katsma on
Surfer! (surfer(a)127.0.0.1) wrote in

> Does anyone know where I can download this? Not from Nikon so far as
> I can tell. I got a nasty jam of three card-mount Kodachromes and
> luckily managed to clear it by hand, but my reading of the SF-200
> manual suggests the bit of software would have been very useful...

Looks like it should have been installed with your software (in the same
folder as Nikon Scan. Have you checked your CD(s)? Tried reinstalling?

I found a reference (in Spanish)[1] that Nikon Scan 2.5.1 includes it;
Nikon has several versions of Nikon Scan for doesnload - I imagine it's
simply not a separate download.

-------------
[1]
http://www.nikon-euro.com/nikoneuro2/Info/info%20for%
20scan251/readmesp.t
xt

--
Marjolein Katsma
*Help with HomeSite/Studio: http://hshelp.com/
From: Don on
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:39:24 +0000, Surfer! <surfer(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:

>Does anyone know where I can download this? Not from Nikon so far as I
>can tell. I got a nasty jam of three card-mount Kodachromes and luckily
>managed to clear it by hand, but my reading of the SF-200 manual
>suggests the bit of software would have been very useful...

Long story... I once had problems having the download from Nikon start
automatically so I located this "secret" Nikon ftp site:
ftp://ftp.nikon-euro.com/DOWNLOAD/NScan3/ns3rmena1.pdf
to get that particular manual which I couldn't find anywhere else.

BTW, it's really a very good NikonScan manual!

Anyway, if you have an FTP client - assuming the site is still up -
try snooping around various directories. I found all sorts of things,
but last time I looked (which was a couple of years back) the site
didn't seem to be really up to date. However, it may come handy if
it's still around...

Don.
From: Surfer! on
In message <qbk5t19b6cm6ta9fsilvtmh2c3c96uuhi6(a)4ax.com>, Don
<phoney.email(a)yahoo.com> writes
>On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:39:24 +0000, Surfer! <surfer(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know where I can download this? Not from Nikon so far as I
>>can tell. I got a nasty jam of three card-mount Kodachromes and luckily
>>managed to clear it by hand, but my reading of the SF-200 manual
>>suggests the bit of software would have been very useful...
>
>Long story... I once had problems having the download from Nikon start
>automatically so I located this "secret" Nikon ftp site:
> ftp://ftp.nikon-euro.com/DOWNLOAD/NScan3/ns3rmena1.pdf
>to get that particular manual which I couldn't find anywhere else.
>
>BTW, it's really a very good NikonScan manual!
>
>Anyway, if you have an FTP client - assuming the site is still up -

It is and IE does the trick.

>try snooping around various directories. I found all sorts of things,
>but last time I looked (which was a couple of years back) the site
>didn't seem to be really up to date. However, it may come handy if
>it's still around...

Nothing obvious there, but I will go and check the installation CD
again. Thankfully there have been no more jams.

From: Marjolein Katsma on
Surfer! (surfer(a)127.0.0.1) wrote in news:g0ln4ke$410DFwAU(a)nevis-
view.co.uk:

> Nothing obvious there, but I will go and check the installation CD
> again. Thankfully there have been no more jams.

It could just be part of a single installation file so you may not
recognize it as a separate file even.

BUT FIRST: Check your installation directory!
I just checked my installation directory of Nikon Scan 4 and found
FDUtility.exe sitting there - so it was installed along with Nikon Scan,
only no shortcuts were created for it (not on the desktop, not in the
start menu).

So: if it's not there on your machine, a reinstall _should_ work, and
failing that, I could email the file to you (352KB) or put it somewhere
you can download from.