From: Hector Santos on
Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:

> I referred to Florida in the summer as 99/99 days: 99 degrees F (that's about 40C for
> those of you who use C) and 99% humidity. I've spent a number of awful days in Florida
> teaching in the summer. Another downside: in the area I was in, the only restaurants for
> milles in any direction were fast-food chains :-(.

You should of look for Cuban Restaurants! :)

--
HLS
From: Hector Santos on
Giovanni Dicanio wrote:

> On 26/06/2010 20:30, Hector Santos wrote:
>
>> I'm 10 mins away from Biscayne Bay (south miami) - but its always too
>> darn hot (high humidity) here to step outside. :)
>
> You have the crocodiles in Florida, haven't you?
> It must be dangerous to have baths there :)
>
> Instead we have only irritating jelly-fishes here in South Italy :)

Now, you need watch out for the abandoned pet Boas and Pythons now
eating the Crocs and everything else! :) A few years back there was
incident of a Python and Croc in the Everglades; a desperate croc
inside the Boa, clawed and busted the Boa's belly! It must be on the
internet.... Here it is:

http://news.mongabay.com/2005/1005-gator.html

You often hear of newspaper sad stories of missing cats and dogs and
they find a Boa or Python with a big belly near by. Stupid people
just leave their snakes in the Everglades and now they are rampant!

Where I am, its hilarious! We get a season of lizards, then a season
of frogs, then a season of snakes! Its hilarious to witness this
predictable food chain circle year after year. I see them on my front
porch - First lizards (i.e. Green/Brown Anole), then Frogs, then
Snakes! and then it cycles again!

--
HLS
From: SteveR on
Alligators actually.

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
There *was* one approximately 12 miles away. Unfortunately, it specialized in beef. As
someone who rarely eats red meat, this didnt help much...
joe

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 19:00:52 -0400, Hector Santos <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote:

>Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
>
>> I referred to Florida in the summer as 99/99 days: 99 degrees F (that's about 40C for
>> those of you who use C) and 99% humidity. I've spent a number of awful days in Florida
>> teaching in the summer. Another downside: in the area I was in, the only restaurants for
>> milles in any direction were fast-food chains :-(.
>

>You should of look for Cuban Restaurants! :)
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Giovanni Dicanio on