From: D.J. on
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 20:52:25 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Feb 19, 5:05�pm, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:51:52 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >You look at what Nikon does with a sensor, and then Sony (who actually
>> >makes them) and you wonder, what the F--- is WRONG with Sony?
>> >Seriously, if they could put that D3s sensor in a D700x (or whatever
>> >it will be called), the world would beat an even stronger path to
>> >Nikon's door, while slamming it in Canon's face. �The DXO results for
>> >it were impressive to say the least.
>>
>> Meanwhile, Canon sets the standard for entry level DSLRs with the
>> 18 MP Canon EOS 550D / Rebel T2i.
>
>Agreed. And the 7D.

I guess that's why P&S cameras beat the resolution and images from a Canon
7D. That says a whole lot for all other brands and models of DSLRs then if
the 7D is setting a standard for DSLRs.

http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-02-19 22:01:28 -0800, BD <robert.drea(a)gmail.com> said:

>> I guess that's why P&S cameras beat the resolution and images from a Canon
>> 7D. That says a whole lot for all other brands and models of DSLRs then if
>> the 7D is setting a standard for DSLRs.
>>
>> http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/
>
> I posted a link to that article quite awhile ago, when I was concerned
> about the 7D's image quality.
>
> I'm not concerned any longer.
>
> In the past few months, the only article I've seen posted which
> asserts any negative feedback about the 7D's IQ is the Wiggett
> article.
>
> That fact alone is pretty telling.

....and the telling thing regarding the Wiggett article, is the
conclusion where the D300s out performs both the 7D & G11.
So instead of convincing "Samantha" to replace her D200 with a 7D, she
buys a D300s.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: D.J. on
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:01:28 -0800 (PST), BD <robert.drea(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> I guess that's why P&S cameras beat the resolution and images from a Canon
>> 7D. That says a whole lot for all other brands and models of DSLRs then if
>> the 7D is setting a standard for DSLRs.
>>
>> http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/
>
>I posted a link to that article quite awhile ago, when I was concerned
>about the 7D's image quality.
>
>I'm not concerned any longer.
>
>In the past few months, the only article I've seen posted which
>asserts any negative feedback about the 7D's IQ is the Wiggett
>article.
>
>That fact alone is pretty telling.

It's not his opinion that I depend on, I never depend on anyone's opinion.
It's the comparison photos posted that say more than you or anyone else
ever will. Show me another site where direct comparison photos contradict
the ones he posted and I might be compelled to change my assessment, but
only by a little. It will be just one more data point, it might even be
rigged, now that DSLR worshippers know of those test results and have a
vested interest in trying to justify their camera's expense. Considering
that Wiggett seems to take pride in DSLR gear and was surprised by the
results, I have to strongly presume he didn't try to rig the results. Until
then that comparison stands true--that three year's-worth of inexpensive
models of P&S cameras are better than this year's DSLRs. Especially if that
7D is supposed to be setting any kind of standard among DSLRs.

From: Bruce on
wrote:

>On Feb 19, 5:05�pm, Bruce <docnews2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:51:52 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >You look at what Nikon does with a sensor, and then Sony (who actually
>> >makes them) and you wonder, what the F--- is WRONG with Sony?
>> >Seriously, if they could put that D3s sensor in a D700x (or whatever
>> >it will be called), the world would beat an even stronger path to
>> >Nikon's door, while slamming it in Canon's face. �The DXO results for
>> >it were impressive to say the least.
>>
>> Meanwhile, Canon sets the standard for entry level DSLRs with the
>> 18 MP Canon EOS 550D / Rebel T2i.
>
>Agreed. And the 7D.

The 7D is *not* an entry-level DSLR.

From: Bruce on
wrote:

>> I guess that's why P&S cameras beat the resolution and images from a Canon
>> 7D. That says a whole lot for all other brands and models of DSLRs then if
>> the 7D is setting a standard for DSLRs.
>>
>> http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/the-canon-7d/
>
>I posted a link to that article quite awhile ago, when I was concerned
>about the 7D's image quality.
>
>I'm not concerned any longer.
>
>In the past few months, the only article I've seen posted which
>asserts any negative feedback about the 7D's IQ is the Wiggett
>article.
>
>That fact alone is pretty telling.

This is always a problem when testing a single sample, whether it be a
camera, a lens or anything else. No matter which price bracket the
item is in, there will always be sample variation. And the Wiggett
test is clearly of a sample that did not achieve the expected
standard. It should have been exchanged for another sample.

As you say, every other article on the 7D is very positive. It is a
fine camera, and Nikon has a real job on its hands to match it. Nikon
also needs to respond to the entry-level EOS 550D/Rebel T2i which
appears to use the same sensor as the 7D.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: ACDSee 3.0 Pro + Nikon D90
Next: Then end of FF bulk?