From: Rupert on
On Nov 17, 11:29 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:cMSdnS80B6Xga5_WnZ2dnUVZ_jGdnZ2d(a)earthlink.com...
>

> > "Rupert" <foodste...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Nov 17, 9:44 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> I agreed to do a "little festival in a resort"
> >> this is what it is turning into
>
> >>http://www.paperchaserproductions.com/tickets.htm
>
> >> to say I am a little aprehensive would be a understatment
> >> this is pretty far away from what I do
> >> my thing is bluegrass , hindu and folk
> >> Maybe I will be alive at the end
> >> but I am to old and white to be "The Man" for this
> >> Peace
> >> george
>
> > Definitely a far cry from what you're used to doing. Do you have
> > enough sub-age to handle the bottom end? Blue grass is a far cry from
> > hip hop in terms of the low frequency requirements. What size crowd
> > are they estimating will be in attendance?
>
> > Rupert
>
> > Each stage will play to I am guessing not more than 400
> > I plan on 4 bh800 and 4 msl3's per stage
>
> > this is 1/2 of my "big system" per stage
> > the big system easily covers 10,000 , even for  hip-hop
> > george
>
> specs on the discontinued bh800
>
> http://www.eaw.com/info/EAW/Loudspeaker_Product_Info/Legacy_Loudspeak...
>
> I will be using a quad array at each stage running mono to subs
> I should be very comfortable to 130dB at 42Hz/1 meter
>
> I only expect "powerful " bass for about 20 meters, beyond that will be
> where people will be much more spread out.
>
> the last thing I would do is push alot of low end eq boost making subs do
> something they just wern't made to do
> I will roll off hard at 40(24dB/octave) and brick wall limit at 35

Sounds like you have it well covered to me.

Rupert
From: Phildo on

"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I agreed to do a "little festival in a resort"
> this is what it is turning into
>
> http://www.paperchaserproductions.com/tickets.htm
>
> to say I am a little aprehensive would be a understatment
> this is pretty far away from what I do
> my thing is bluegrass , hindu and folk
> Maybe I will be alive at the end
> but I am to old and white to be "The Man" for this

Looks like fun.

Make sure the stage management part is well looked after with crews well
briefed on changeovers.

Advance as much as possible with the acts (input lists etc) and let them
know surprises on the day will not be accommodated.

Take 3 times as much sub as you need and make sure your limiters are engaged
and set to brick-wall.

Phildo

ps you may want to take body armour and install either a gun or big baseball
bat at the FOH position

From: Phildo on

"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Each stage will play to I am guessing not more than 400
> I plan on 4 bh800 and 4 msl3's per stage

Double the amount of subs.

Most rave, hip-hop and similar systems are run at least 2 subs per top box.
You might even want to look at splitting your subs into two frequency bands
so they don't have to work so hard (high sub & low sub). Have done it that
way a couple of times (2x18" boxes for 80-50Hz, 2x21" boxes for 50 and
below) and it works really well.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

> I will roll off hard at 40(24dB/octave) and brick wall limit at 35

You may find they will want to go lower than that. Such is the nature of
that sort of gig. See my other post about splitting the subs.

Phildo

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message

> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Each stage will play to I am guessing not more than 400
>> I plan on 4 bh800 and 4 msl3's per stage
>
> Double the amount of subs.

I could do 8 on the main stage but then the B stage would get a mismosh of4x
la400s and 4xrcf1018

my inventory of subs
8x bh800
4x la400