From: McSteve on
"George's Pro Sound Co."
> Honestly this is not what I was lead to believe the show was about, I
> would hav declined, right now I am weighing the loss of future work and
> the hit to my reputation, plus the already out of pocket obligation to
> another aaplser coming to be my man against the fact I just don't want to
> do what this event has become

I know the feeling. Done too many where they downplayed the scope
and scale only to find out it was a different story altogether once it got
too late to opt out.
Hell, if I could afford the travel expense I'd come lend a
hand, myself. Not much going on right now, and I could use
something to alleviate the daily routine.

> I guess I could always hope for a noreaster* :-)

No need to define the term. I live less than a quarter mile from
the ocean, in Massachusetts. Born and raised in New England.

Be careful what you wish for. It snows 'round there in early
December, no?

--
Steve <snip> McQ

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"McSteve" <mcsteve1350x(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> "George's Pro Sound Co."
>> Honestly this is not what I was lead to believe the show was about, I
>> would hav declined, right now I am weighing the loss of future work and
>> the hit to my reputation, plus the already out of pocket obligation to
>> another aaplser coming to be my man against the fact I just don't want
>> to do what this event has become
>>

> I know the feeling. Done too many where they downplayed the scope
> and scale only to find out it was a different story altogether once it got
> too late to opt out.
> Hell, if I could afford the travel expense I'd come lend a
> hand, myself. Not much going on right now, and I could use
> something to alleviate the daily routine.

I pay travel, the guy coming in got a 250$ budget for airfare.

>> I guess I could always hope for a noreaster* :-)
>>

> No need to define the term. I live less than a quarter mile from
> the ocean, in Massachusetts. Born and raised in New England.
>
> Be careful what you wish for. It snows 'round there in early
> December, no?

Snow by early december?
snow is expected by holloween
the earliest I recall a snow emergency is october 2nd
I did a event that I awoke to 4 inches of snow on my stage 20 degrees and 30
mph sideways winds, the 3rd weekend of may
not to mention the snowmobile extreme events I do where they drag the
equipment trucks in with snow cats, I got pics if you care to see them
George

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

> "Phildo" wrote:
>> Double the amount of subs.
>>
>> Most rave, hip-hop and similar systems are run at least 2 subs per top
>> box. You might even want to look at splitting your subs into two
>> frequency bands so they don't have to work so hard (high sub & low sub).
>> Have done it that way a couple of times (2x18" boxes for 80-50Hz, 2x21"
>> boxes for 50 and below) and it works really well.
>>

> I'm with Phildo on this one. I would put all the 800s at main stage,
> and the LA400s + those RCFs you own at the B stage. Then, I'd
> split the sub duty into separate bands between the LAs and RCFs.
> Obviously optimizing the duty of each pair relevant to their response
> and output abilities.
> I've worked plenty of funk/RnB/ hiphop shows and low end is what
> they want. Have you done much reggae? Many of those acts want
> more bass no matter what you have on hand.

I think I will do that
B stage will be ground stack msl3 on rcf 1018's and my 4 la400 will be
stacked together to extend the directionality of the horns through coupling
Just need to score two more 1000 watt at 4 amps for main stage to drive the
other 4 bh800
I will be able to deploy two stacks of 4 and put msl3 on scaff
George