From: John Navas on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:24:17 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
wrote in <4bfae066$0$1616$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>:

>On 24/05/10 10:18 AM, Bruce wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Meanwhile, Micro Four Thirds is a spectacular success. It makes sense
>> for Olympus to concentrate on Micro Four Thirds.
>
>Huh? Why don't you ever see anyone with a micro 4:3 camera. Go to a
>popular vista point in a place like Yosemite where it looks like a D-SLR
>convention is being held and look for a micro 4:3 camera. I've never
>seen one, at least not in March 2010. Meanwhile you see loads of the
>latest Canon and Nikon models. I've also never seen one for sale in a
>store that sells interchangeable lens cameras.

You really do need to get out more.
--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: ken d on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:30:17 -0700, John Navas <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:24:17 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
>wrote in <4bfae066$0$1616$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>:
>
>>On 24/05/10 10:18 AM, Bruce wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>> Meanwhile, Micro Four Thirds is a spectacular success. It makes sense
>>> for Olympus to concentrate on Micro Four Thirds.
>>
>>Huh? Why don't you ever see anyone with a micro 4:3 camera. Go to a
>>popular vista point in a place like Yosemite where it looks like a D-SLR
>>convention is being held and look for a micro 4:3 camera. I've never
>>seen one, at least not in March 2010. Meanwhile you see loads of the
>>latest Canon and Nikon models. I've also never seen one for sale in a
>>store that sells interchangeable lens cameras.
>
>You really do need to get out more.

SMS only gets out to imaginary parks with imaginary cameras where he
installs his imaginary computer-controlled geyser systems.

<http://www.wifi-forum.com/wf/showpost.php?p=448381&postcount=101>

From: nospam on
In article <mvnlv592n2st82b9f5nja62asm8062mtoj(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> That's only because it's a cheap VR system.

a lot of vr systems are cheap. some aren't.

> A camera system can be more sophisticated and capable,
> with the extra function buried in on board electronics
> and amortized over multiple lenses.

a lens system can be just as sophisticated and capable, if not more so,
since it can be tuned to the specifics of each lens, not one size fits
all.
From: John Navas on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:34:01 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote
in <240520101334012064%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>:

>In article <mvnlv592n2st82b9f5nja62asm8062mtoj(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
><jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> That's only because it's a cheap VR system.
>
>a lot of vr systems are cheap. some aren't.

IS has to be cheap in a cheap lens.

>> A camera system can be more sophisticated and capable,
>> with the extra function buried in on board electronics
>> and amortized over multiple lenses.
>
>a lens system can be just as sophisticated and capable, if not more so,
>since it can be tuned to the specifics of each lens, not one size fits
>all.

The inescapable issue is cost. It's more cost effective to put IS in
the body than in all thee lenses for a given level of sophistication.

From: ken d on
wrote:

>On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:24:17 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
>wrote in <4bfae066$0$1616$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>:
>
>>On 24/05/10 10:18 AM, Bruce wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>> Meanwhile, Micro Four Thirds is a spectacular success. It makes sense
>>> for Olympus to concentrate on Micro Four Thirds.
>>
>>Huh? Why don't you ever see anyone with a micro 4:3 camera. Go to a
>>popular vista point in a place like Yosemite where it looks like a D-SLR
>>convention is being held and look for a micro 4:3 camera. I've never
>>seen one, at least not in March 2010. Meanwhile you see loads of the
>>latest Canon and Nikon models. I've also never seen one for sale in a
>>store that sells interchangeable lens cameras.
>
>You really do need to get out more.

SMS only gets out to imaginary parks with imaginary cameras where he
installs his imaginary computer-controlled geyser systems.

<http://www.wifi-forum.com/wf/showpost.php?p=448381&postcount=101>

Damn, the board is down. Well, this still has all of SMS's wonderful
deranged imaginings ...

<http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:fx7ngKAr4MsJ:www.wifi-forum.com/wf/showthread.php%3Fp%3D448388>