From: Johnny Fever on
Hi,

I am migrating to a new computer, and would like to transfer my Outlook 2007
stuff.

I already know how to transfer the emails themselves (via archive-pst) but
I'd also like to transfer the various account info (I have a dozen different
POP3 email accounts that Outlook manages) as well as the created RULES I'd
like to keep using on the new machine.

How do I transfer the accounts (all the POP3 info) + various rules?

(I don't think it matters, but just in case : old computer = WinXP 32 / new
computer = Win7 64.)

Thanks!

From: Russ Valentine on
If you think you should use archive.pst to transfer your emails, then you
are already confused. Archive.pst contains only the email you no longer
need.
Suggest reading the countless posts here that tell you how to transfer your
current Outlook data. That's what you need to do.
You cannot transfer your account data reliably. You should recreate your
accounts from scratch.
Rules will transfer with your PST file, but you will need to reset them to
the new location before they'll work.
--
Russ Valentine

From: Johnny Fever on
I'm not confused, I've always used .PST files to transfer my emails. It even
keeps the folder structure. I'm not saying there's no other way to do it,
but for you to suggest I'm somehow ignorant for doing it this way for the
past 10 years was ignorant in and of itself.

Clearly I'm not going to get much cooperation from Russ, but if anyone else
wants to help me transfer POP account info + rules, I'd appreciate.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
The accounts will need to be recreated - they are stored in the registry and
while you could export the registry, doing so can introduce corruption if
the computers are not identical. Rules are stored in the pst. You should
export them to a file, just incase...

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: waykone on
On Apr 1, 5:59 am, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> The accounts will need to be recreated - they are stored in the registry and
> while you could export the registry, doing so can introduce corruption if
> the computers are not identical. Rules are stored in the pst. You should
> export them to a file, just incase...
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-requ...(a)lists.outlooktips.net

> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...(a)PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda?http://forums.slipstick..com/showthread.php?t=39473
>
> "Johnny Fever" <n...(a)thanks.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I am migrating to a new computer, and would like to transfer my Outlook
> > 2007 stuff.
>
> > I already know how to transfer the emails themselves (via archive-pst) but
> > I'd also like to transfer the various account info (I have a dozen
> > different POP3 email accounts that Outlook manages) as well as the created
> > RULES I'd like to keep using on the new machine.
>
> > How do I transfer the accounts (all the POP3 info) + various rules?
>
> > (I don't think it matters, but just in case : old computer = WinXP 32 /
> > new computer = Win7 64.)
>
> > Thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong! But isn't it as simple as exporting the
account details from Outlook and moving the PST?