From: Amiro2k on
Hi,

I have a user who got the good idea tu upgrade Outlook 2000 tp 2007 version.
We do run an Exchange 2000 server here with 2000 Outlook clients. So now,
from the Outlook 2007 version, we can't send email on the local domain
anymore. We end up with the 550 error user unknown. I can delete and creat
the account and the Outlook will detect the user name and the exchange server
name as well but it just can't send it out. There is a smtp account
configured on the same PC and it works fine. So why is sending to exchange
won't work?,

Thanks in adance.

Steve
--

Thanks in advance.

Steve Amirault
From: Kathleen Orland on
Exchange 2000 should support Outlook 2007 though certainly you want to make
sure you have an upgrade to a newer version of Exchange soon since it's been
end of lifed and extended support runs out next January 11.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/2007/support/lifecycle/2000.mspx

As for Outlook 2007, what is the complete NDR error message? Have you
enabled message tracking? Is anything showing up in the event viewer? Did
the user upgrade or do a new install?

From: Amiro2k on
I think he did upgrade since it kept users settings and he never asked me for
email settings. The error message is short and simple.

550.5.1.1.1

user unknown and the email adress. I experienced that kind of problem a year
or two ago with Outlook XP version on another client and we had to go back
with Office 2000. Like I said, the client can see Exchange server and user
account but won't be able to send mail to

Thanks for your support.
--

Thanks in advance.

Steve Amirault