From: Alice Wei on

Hi,

I am exploring some of the possible tools that I could use for PHP debugging purposes on Windows operating system. Before, I always use a Linux system on the side by connecting it remotely to debug my PHP when it crashes, or if it does not display the desired output. Does anyone know any affordable, possibly free tools that I could debug PHP scripts with?

Thanks for your help.

Alice

From: Steven Scott on
The NetBeans IDE will also support debugging on Windows as will the Zend IDE
on Eclipse.

XDebug is a common DLL that provides the debugging interface to PHP and is
used by both products above. Hope this helps.

From: "Keith Davis" on
That was what I was going to suggest. We use Netbeans for 90% of our PHP
development. It does support XDebug....however, it crashes. Still, it's
useable, just a pain, as it will crash 100% of the time if you leave it
on too long and won't do watches without crashing (you can still see
variables, etc...)

Keith Davis (214) 906-5183
The NetBeans IDE will also support debugging on Windows as will the Zend
IDE on Eclipse.

XDebug is a common DLL that provides the debugging interface to PHP and
is used by both products above. Hope this helps.

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Alice Wei <ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am exploring some of the possible tools that I could use for PHP
> debugging purposes on Windows operating system. Before, I always use a

> Linux system on the side by connecting it remotely to debug my PHP
> when it crashes, or if it does not display the desired output. Does
> anyone know any affordable, possibly free tools that I could debug PHP
scripts with?

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Alice

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential or otherwise privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message or that arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version from the sender.

www.pridedallas.com

From: Steven Scott on
We use NetBeans 6.9 and have found it to be much more stable at this time in
the office. Mostly simple PHP code though, with AJAX and jQuery. We have
also had the problems with the watches and have had to restart NetBeans.
Not many crashes, but more like it stops debugging until you restart the
IDE.