From: Ferenc Kovacs on
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Carsten Wiedmann <carsten_sttgt(a)gmx.de> wrote:

>>> Nothing happens on Windows at this point. The cursor is in the next line
>>> waiting for input. But, if I now enter "^C", I can see the result:

>>> So on Windows the whole code/input is executed at once and not step by
>>> step.
>>> And because PHP is also terminated with "^C", I can't enter additional
>>> code.
>>
>> just tried with PHP 5.3 on XP and Windows 7 and both directly output code when the echo command is called, not when the script is terminated.
>> Which PHP version did you use that shows the buggy behaviour?
>
> All PHP 5.3.x versions. With PHP 5.2.x it's correct and the same behavior
> like on *nix.
>
> Just curious, if I test this more then one time, sometimes I can see the
> output with "^C", and sometimes not?
>
> BTW: It's always a VC6-TS build and XP SP3 32bit.

php-5.3.1-Win32-VC9-x86 for me, and Im seeing the same behaviour.

Tyrael

From: Pierre Joye on
2009/12/27 Libor <ljelinek(a)virtage.com>:
> Hi all,
> I don't know if I am stupid or what but I can't find out how to send typed
> code to execute.
>
>> php.exe -a
> Interactive mode enabled
>
> Pressing <Enter> or <Ctrl-D> didn't execute code. Please, help me!
>
> (I am running PHP 5.3.0 on Win XP.)

As far as I remember the interactive mode never got ported to windows.

PS: interactive mode means that you can enter php line of code and
they will be executed everytime you press enter.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org
From: Ferenc Kovacs on
nice :D

Tyrael

From: "Louis Solomon" on
> ... But, if I now enter "^C" ...

although maybe not a solution to php being a strange beast, IIFC Ctrl-Z is the normal way to terminate input via stdin.

Louis Solomon
www.SteelBytes.com <http://www.steelbytes.com/>

________________________________

From: Libor Jelinek on
It's not good message for me but thank you for definitive answer.
Libor

2009/12/28 Pierre Joye <pierre.php(a)gmail.com>:
> 2009/12/27 Libor <ljelinek(a)virtage.com>:
>> Hi all,
>> I don't know if I am stupid or what but I can't find out how to send typed
>> code to execute.
>>
>>> php.exe -a
>> Interactive mode enabled
>>
>> Pressing <Enter> or <Ctrl-D> didn't execute code. Please, help me!
>>
>> (I am running PHP 5.3.0 on Win XP.)
>>

> As far as I remember the interactive mode never got ported to windows.
>
> PS: interactive mode means that you can enter php line of code and
> they will be executed everytime you press enter.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Pierre
>
> http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: cgi
Next: read an xml string from a form field