From: Carsten Wiedmann on
Am 28.12.2009 13:47, schrieb Pierre Joye:
> 2009/12/27 Libor <ljelinek(a)virtage.com>:
>> Hi all,
>> I don't know if I am stupid or what but I can't find out how to send typed
>> code to execute.
>
> As far as I remember the interactive mode never got ported to windows.

OK, but as you can read in my other Mail, it's working with PHP 5.2.x on
Windows exactly like on *nix. Only PHP 5.3.x is not working correctly on
Windows.

Maybe a silly question:
If it's not ported to Windows, why is "php -a" working, the "-a" parameter
is exepted?

Regards,
Carsten

From: "Sascha Meyer" on
Hi all,

had to check my php installation today and just realized that php.exe called from command line was not the same as used by my Apache2 webserver (because of different locations set in PATH and PHPRC environment variables).

Means that my test from yesterday was not performed with PHP 5.3.x, but with 5.2.9. The 5.2.x branch seems to work correctly whereas 5.3.x is definitely broken.

Pierre wrote:
> As far as I remember the interactive mode never got ported to windows.

you are talking about the newer PHP 5.3 branch, right? Otherwise 5.2.x versions would behave as the 5.3 branch. Do you know why it was not ported?

Regards,

Sascha

From: Richard Quadling on
2009/12/27 Libor <ljelinek(a)virtage.com>:
> Hi all,
> I don't know if I am stupid or what but I can't find out how to send typed
> code to execute.
>
>> php.exe -a
> Interactive mode enabled
>
> Pressing <Enter> or <Ctrl-D> didn't execute code. Please, help me!
>
> (I am running PHP 5.3.0 on Win XP.)
>
> Thanks
> Libor

As mentioned, CTRL+Z is the END-OF-TEXT character needed to terminate
input from STDIN.

[2009/12/30 10:56:09] [C:\] [] >php -v
PHP 5.3.2-dev (cli) (built: Dec 18 2009 13:57:17)
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies

[2009/12/30 10:56:11] [C:\] [] >php -a
Interactive mode enabled

Plain text.
$a = "This is still plain text and not assigning anything to $a.";
The next line is switching to PHP processing.
<?php
// This is a comment.
$b = "The first variable PHP is seeing is this one.";
echo $a;
echo $b;
// Switch out of PHP again.
?>
This is some more plain text.
To make this all go, press CTRL+Z or F6 and then ENTER (at least for Windows).
^Z
Plain text.
$a = "This is still plain text and not assigning anything to $a.";
The next line is switching to PHP processing.

Notice: Undefined variable: a in - on line 7
The first variable PHP is seeing is this one.This is some more plain text.
To make this all go, press CTRL+Z or F6 and then ENTER (at least for Windows).

Can someone confirm that CTRL+Z/F6 is the same exit mechanism for non
windows please? If so, I'll update the manual with something relevant.

Regards,

Richard Quadling.

--
-----
Richard Quadling
From: Richard Quadling on
2009/12/30 Richard Quadling <rquadling(a)googlemail.com>:
> 2009/12/27 Libor <ljelinek(a)virtage.com>:
>> Hi all,
>> I don't know if I am stupid or what but I can't find out how to send typed
>> code to execute.
>>
>>> php.exe -a
>> Interactive mode enabled
>>
>> Pressing <Enter> or <Ctrl-D> didn't execute code. Please, help me!
>>
>> (I am running PHP 5.3.0 on Win XP.)
>>
>> Thanks
>> Libor
>>
>> --
>>

> As mentioned, CTRL+Z is the END-OF-TEXT character needed to terminate
> input from STDIN.
>
> [2009/12/30 10:56:09] [C:\] [] >php -v
> PHP 5.3.2-dev (cli) (built: Dec 18 2009 13:57:17)
> Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
> Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
>
> [2009/12/30 10:56:11] [C:\] [] >php -a
> Interactive mode enabled
>
> Plain text.
> $a = "This is still plain text and not assigning anything to $a.";
> The next line is switching to PHP processing.
> <?php
> // This is a comment.
> $b = "The first variable PHP is seeing is this one.";
> echo $a;
> echo $b;
> // Switch out of PHP again.
> ?>
> This is some more plain text.
> To make this all go, press CTRL+Z or F6 and then ENTER (at least for Windows).
> ^Z
> Plain text.
> $a = "This is still plain text and not assigning anything to $a.";
> The next line is switching to PHP processing.
>
> Notice: Undefined variable: a in - on line 7
> The first variable PHP is seeing is this one.This is some more plain text.
> To make this all go, press CTRL+Z or F6 and then ENTER (at least for Windows).
>

> Can someone confirm that CTRL+Z/F6 is the same exit mechanism for non
> windows please? If so, I'll update the manual with something relevant.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Quadling.
>
> --
> -----
> Richard Quadling
> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"
> EE : http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_248814.html
> Zend Certified Engineer : http://zend.com/zce.php?c=ZEND002498&r=213474731
> ZOPA : http://uk.zopa.com/member/RQuadling

On the surface, for Windows, the interactive mode offers nothing extra
and in fact offers less than non-interactive mode.

Specifically, autoload functions, though registered (either by having
__autoload() or by using spl_autoload_register()), are not invoked for
missing classes.

So, for windows, what's the point of the interactive mode?

--
-----
From: Richard Quadling on
> [...]
>>
>> --
>> -----
>> Richard Quadling
>> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"
>> EE : http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_248814.html
>> Zend Certified Engineer : http://zend.com/zce.php?c=ZEND002498&r=213474731
>> ZOPA : http://uk.zopa.com/member/RQuadling
>>

> On the surface, for Windows, the interactive mode offers nothing extra
> and in fact offers less than non-interactive mode.
>
> Specifically, autoload functions, though registered (either by having
> __autoload() or by using spl_autoload_register()), are not invoked for
> missing classes.
>
> So, for windows, what's the point of the interactive mode?
>

> --
> -----
> Richard Quadling
> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"

[2009/12/30 11:08:44] [C:\] [] >php -a
Interactive mode enabled

<?php
print_r(spl_autoload_functions());
echo static_Krypt::EnKryptB64('Hello');
^Z
Array
(
[0] => AutoLoadRAQ
)

Fatal error: Class 'static_Krypt' not found in - on line 3

[2009/12/30 11:09:42] [C:\] [] >php
<?php
print_r(spl_autoload_functions());
echo static_Krypt::EnKryptB64('Hello');
^Z
Array
(
[0] => AutoLoadRAQ
)
QJeZiALdGhA=

[2009/12/30 11:12:12] [C:\] [] >

--
-----
Richard Quadling
EE : http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_248814.html
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: cgi
Next: read an xml string from a form field