From: rwalker on
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:02:57 +0000 (UTC), "Anon" <none(a)none.invalid>
wrote:

snip

>So taking a photograph of the church altar was more important to you than
>attending?

You're an idiot, in addition to being anonymous.
From: Vance on
On Mar 28, 10:37 pm, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I could not be during the Palm Sunday procession but I took this photo about
> the Altar before Mass:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4471642621/
>
> Thanks for your technical comments about photography
>
> --
> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

I've looked at many of your images and, while you're improving, there
is one thing lacking in almost all of them - you aren't bringing
anything of interest to the viewer visually. An alter isn't
particularly interesting - I've seen hundreds and I don't have the
same association to Christianity that you do, so it stimulates little
in me. Perhaps, for these 'object' photos you could explore the
subject more with different angles, or perhaps moving in on features
that seem to express something of the larger context to you.

Also, I have noted that you mention various celebrations in
association with your pictures. Where are the people? If you are
trying to convey something to me about Christianity and it's meaning,
then you need to make a human connection. This is something that is
done intentionally and with practice it can become nearly automatic.
National Geographic is a great go to place for shots showing people in
the context of living and there are also various travel magazines. In
fact, you might want to get a book on travel photography since it
would seem to be inline with your mission statement to show your
country. Right now, you are taking snapshots that memorialize a
personal experience but can't carry the freight of sharing that with a
viewer.

Vance
From: M-M on
In article
<a36bf721-557a-40b1-aa30-b5f49f1db43c(a)z11g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
Vance <vance.lear(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I've looked at many of your images and, while you're improving, there
> is one thing lacking in almost all of them - you aren't bringing
> anything of interest to the viewer visually. An alter isn't
> particularly interesting - I've seen hundreds and I don't have the
> same association to Christianity that you do, so it stimulates little
> in me. Perhaps, for these 'object' photos you could explore the
> subject more with different angles, or perhaps moving in on features
> that seem to express something of the larger context to you.
>
> Also, I have noted that you mention various celebrations in
> association with your pictures. Where are the people? If you are
> trying to convey something to me about Christianity and it's meaning,
> then you need to make a human connection. This is something that is
> done intentionally and with practice it can become nearly automatic.
> National Geographic is a great go to place for shots showing people in
> the context of living and there are also various travel magazines. In
> fact, you might want to get a book on travel photography since it
> would seem to be inline with your mission statement to show your
> country. Right now, you are taking snapshots that memorialize a
> personal experience but can't carry the freight of sharing that with a
> viewer.

That was a very nice critique. I hope the OP appreciates it.

I echo your sentiments: do not expect pictures of "things" to ever
represent the art of photography. You need two or really three events
going on around the "thing" to make it a great photo.

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
From: Atheist Chaplain on
"Richard" <smithski(a)btinternet.com.invalid> wrote in message

> "bugbear" <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote in message
>> mmyvusenet wrote:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> I could not be during the Palm Sunday procession but I took this photo
>>> about the Altar before Mass:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4471642621/
>>
>> Why do you post here?
>>
>> BugBear
>
> To make you waste your time responding.
> Exactly the same as your post is making me waste my time responding.
> sigh
> :-/

WOW, he MADE you respond !!!

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

From: Atheist Chaplain on
"bugbear" <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote in message
> mmyvusenet wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I could not be during the Palm Sunday procession but I took this photo
>> about the Altar before Mass:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4471642621/
>
> Why do you post here?
>
> BugBear

probably to increase his view count or some such thing, to be honest I
usually wait for someone else to view and post, if its something positive I
might have a look in the hope I wont be disappointed by yet another happy
snap (and I know what they look like because I take a few myself)
I wouldn't mind so much if the OP actually came back and discussed the
comments, good bad or otherwise but its always a hit and run.

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your
Christ." Gandhi

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Testing...