From: WildLatin on
I just got this new, expensive, indestructable laptop. It has
toughscreen but not digitizer option.

The screen spins around to tablet mode but my rep, etc. says it won't
run XP-Pro Tablet.

Is that true?

I got the touchscreen thinking it would run tablet but they say
without the 'digitizer' it won't !

This sucks if it's true...

Will Win7 run tablet apps on this? I'm running 'regular' XP-Pro right
now...

Any suggestions?
From: Sven on
Make sure you have the restore CD(s), find a friend with a Vista Upgrade
copy, or a Win7 RC copy and try it. If it doesn't work restore. If it does,
buy a copy of what does. XP Tablet was a pretty picky OS and as such was
not released to consumers. It was only for OEMs that made Tablets, and had
the resources to tweak drivers and such. Vista and Win7 on the other hand
have both Tablet and Media Center bits built in. If it sees something it
understands, it makes use of it. I'd try for the Win 7 option if possible.
I've been very pleased with it's ability to support hardware, and it's
performance.

From: Beverly Howard on
What os is it running??? for example, is it running windows mobile or
windows ce?

Beverly Howard
From: Beverly Howard on
The page at
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&modelNo=Toughbook-19
seems to differ about it running windows XP-Tablet... think it's
panasonic support time.

Beverly Howard
From: WildLatin on
On Aug 18, 10:35 pm, "Sven" <sejohann...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Make sure you have the restore CD(s), find a friend with a Vista Upgrade
> copy, or a Win7 RC copy and try it. If it doesn't work restore. If it does,
> buy a copy of what does.  XP Tablet was a pretty picky OS and as such was
> not released to consumers. It was only for OEMs that made Tablets, and had
> the resources to tweak drivers and such. Vista and Win7 on the other hand
> have both Tablet and Media Center bits built in. If it sees something it
> understands, it makes use of it. I'd try for the Win 7 option if possible..
> I've been very pleased with it's ability to support hardware, and it's
> performance.

Thanks...
I have downloaded Win7 RC and hope to partition (160Gb) drive and try
dual-boot.
I also have the original Vista and XP-Pro (downgrade) restore discs.