From: Andrew Morton on
"Donar" wrote
> Thanks for your answer, Dooza. However, I fail to see how I can
> manipulate a file in IIS7, since
> IIS7 > Sites > MyServerName > FolderInQuestion
> does not provide any files on which I could operate.
>
> Am I missing something?

Yes: click the "Content View" tab at the bottom of the window.

Andrew
From: Donar on
On Oct 3, 1:24 pm, "Andrew Morton" <a...(a)in-press.co.uk.invalid>
wrote:
> "Donar" wrote
>
> > Thanks for your answer, Dooza. However, I fail to see how I can
> > manipulate a file in IIS7, since
> >     IIS7 > Sites > MyServerName > FolderInQuestion
> > does not provide any files on which I could operate.
>
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Yes: click the "Content View" tab at the bottom of the window.
>
> Andrew

Thanks for that one, Andrew! So far, so good.

Now: I see my xxxx.asp files. But, how do I 301 them?

Regards,
//Herbert

PS: I am a programmer since 1981 and Vista makes me feel like an
idiot. Or in other words: I am hating it, for various reasons.
Fortunately I had a voucher for W7. 2009, Nov 5 is delivery, they
said. I hope it will make things more intuitive once again. Like NT4.
Or Win 2k. Or so.

From: Andrew Morton on

"Donar" <herbert.glarner(a)bluewin.ch> wrote in message
> On Oct 3, 1:24 pm, "Andrew Morton" <a...(a)in-press.co.uk.invalid>
> wrote:
>> "Donar" wrote
>>
>> > Thanks for your answer, Dooza. However, I fail to see how I can
>> > manipulate a file in IIS7, since
>> > IIS7 > Sites > MyServerName > FolderInQuestion
>> > does not provide any files on which I could operate.
>>
>> > Am I missing something?
>>
>> Yes: click the "Content View" tab at the bottom of the window.
>>
>> Andrew
>
> Thanks for that one, Andrew! So far, so good.
>
> Now: I see my xxxx.asp files. But, how do I 301 them?

I think you'll need to install the HTTP Redirection module: Control
Panel ->Programs and Features->Turn Windows features on or off->World Wide
Web Services->HTTP Redirection.

Now, select the file and go back to feature view to get the HTTP Redirection
option showing.

HTH,

Andrew

From: Donar on
On Oct 3, 9:22 pm, "Andrew Morton" <a...(a)in-press.co.uk.invalid>
wrote:
> "Donar" <herbert.glar...(a)bluewin.ch> wrote in message

> > On Oct 3, 1:24 pm, "Andrew Morton" <a...(a)in-press.co.uk.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >> "Donar" wrote

> >> Yes: click the "Content View" tab at the bottom of the window.
>
> >> Andrew
>
> > Thanks for that one, Andrew! So far, so good.
>
> > Now: I see my xxxx.asp files. But, how do I 301 them?
>
> I think you'll need to install the HTTP Redirection module: Control
> Panel ->Programs and Features->Turn Windows features on or off->World Wide
> Web Services->HTTP Redirection.
>
> Now, select the file and go back to feature view to get the HTTP Redirection
> option showing.
>
> HTH,
>
> Andrew

Thanks, Andrew!