First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
pg_stat_user_functions' notion of user
On 8/5/10 6:58 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote: pg_stat_user_functions has an inconsistent notion of what "user" is. Whereas the other pg_stat_user_* views filter out non-user objects by schema, pg_stat_user_functions checks for language "internal", which does not successfully exclude builtin functions of langua... 5 Aug 2010 14:40
Online backup cause bootfailure,anyone know why?
Thanks for your patience. I use XLogCtl->Insert.forcePageWrites for XLOG recycling flag. So after pg_start_backup, no more XLOG files will be recycled. And as I said above, I make a CHECKPOINT_IMMEDIATE checkpoint in pg_start_backup, instead CHECKPOINT_WAIT. That all I did to code. I wonder whether the XLOG is co... 5 Aug 2010 14:40
[HACKERS] remove upsert example from docs
Attached is a patch to remove the upsert example from the pl/pgsql documentation. It has a serious bug (see: http://www.spinics.net/lists/pgsql/msg112560.html) which is nontrivial to fix. IMNSHO, our code examples should encourage good practices and style. The 'correct' way to do race free upsert is to take a ... 5 Aug 2010 14:40
Online backup cause boot failure,anyoneknow why?
Let's be clear. If you change the postgres code and then things break I think you're pretty much on your own. We can accept some responsibility for helping you if you're running our code, but not if you're running our code which you have subsequently mangled. If you break things you get to fix them. cheers... 5 Aug 2010 13:33
Needs Suggestion
subham(a)cse.iitb.ac.in writes: I need suggestion about how region based memory management is done in postgres. Have you read src/backend/utils/mmgr/README ? It's old but still reasonably accurate. regards, tom lane -- Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers(a)postgresql.org) To make chang... 5 Aug 2010 13:33
ECPG dynamic cursor fix for UPDATE/DELETE... WHERE CURRENT OF :curname
Alvaro Herrera írta: Excerpts from Michael Meskes's message of jue ago 05 05:39:46 -0400 2010: Sorry I thought Zoltan's explanation was clear enough. All prior ECPG versions were fine because dynamic cursor names were only added in 9.0. Apparently only this one place was missed. So this is a bug in the new... 5 Aug 2010 12:27
Concurrent MERGE
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:43 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(a)2ndquadrant.com> wrote: Looks like MERGE is progressing well. At 2010 Dev Mtg, we put me down to work on making merge work concurrently. That was garbled slightly and had me down as working on predicate locking which is the general solution to the probl... 6 Aug 2010 03:55
[HACKERS] Concurrent MERGE
Looks like MERGE is progressing well. At 2010 Dev Mtg, we put me down to work on making merge work concurrently. That was garbled slightly and had me down as working on predicate locking which is the general solution to the problem. Do we still need me to work on concurrent MERGE, or is that included in the ... 5 Aug 2010 12:27
Online backup cause boot failure,anyone know why?
Oh sorry, I missed something. I turned off the XLOG archive in code after pg_start_backup so the pg_xlog directory contains all the xlog files. And for performance purpose, I change the checkpoint type in pg_start_backup to CHECKPOINT_IMMEDIATE, does it matter? The PG log I mentioned above is the running error log n... 5 Aug 2010 14:40
Online backup cause boot failure, anyone know why?
On 08/05/2010 09:19 AM, Richard wrote: I want to create a database backup when PG is running, so I call pg_start_backup(''), scp the data to a backup directory, pg_stop_backup. Then I reboot PG , PG boot failed with log like "unexpected pageaddr X/X in log file X, segment X, offset X" "WAL ends before end ti... 5 Aug 2010 15:47