First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[HACKERS] LockDatabaseObject vs. LockSharedObject
It seems suspicious to me that LockSharedObject() calls AcceptInvalidationMessges() and LockDatabaseObject() does not. Since the only caller of LockSharedObject() at present is AcquireDeletionLock(), I'm not sure there's an observable bug here at the moment, but then again, I'm also not sure there isn't. The ca... 5 Aug 2010 22:29
PL/pgSQL EXECUTE '..' USING with unknown
Hello 2010/8/5 Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas(a)enterprisedb.com>: There's a little problem with EXECUTE USING when the parameters are of type unknown (going back to 8.4 where EXECUTE USING was introduced): do $$ BEGIN  EXECUTE 'SELECT to_date($1, $2)' USING '17-DEC-80', 'DD-MON-YY'; END; ... 6 Aug 2010 03:55
[HACKERS] PL/pgSQL EXECUTE '..' USING with unknown
There's a little problem with EXECUTE USING when the parameters are of type unknown (going back to 8.4 where EXECUTE USING was introduced): do $$ BEGIN EXECUTE 'SELECT to_date($1, $2)' USING '17-DEC-80', 'DD-MON-YY'; END; $$; ERROR: failed to find conversion function from unknown to text CONTEXT: SQL st... 5 Aug 2010 16:55
Drop one-argument string_agg? (was Re: [BUGS] string_agg delimiter having no effect with order by)
Josh Berkus <josh(a)agliodbs.com> writes: On 8/5/10 12:18 PM, Robert Haas wrote: Could we arrange to emit this error message only when there is an aggregate with the same name but different arguments? Personally, I don't see this as really necessary. Just mentioning ORDER BY in the hint will be enough... 5 Aug 2010 16:55
Drop one-argument string_agg? (was Re: [BUGS] string_aggdelimiter having no effect with order by)
On 8/5/10 12:18 PM, Robert Haas wrote: Could we arrange to emit this error message only when there is an aggregate with the same name but different arguments? Personally, I don't see this as really necessary. Just mentioning ORDER BY in the hint will be enough to give people the right place to look. -- ... 5 Aug 2010 15:47
[HACKERS] Needs Suggestion
I need suggestion about how region based memory management is done in postgres. I know the concept of region based memory management and also know about the functions like memorycontextswitch(). But I am not understanding how Postgres uses hierarchical, region-based memory management. That is I am not getting t... 5 Aug 2010 15:47
ECPG dynamic cursor fix for UPDATE/DELETE ... WHERE CURRENT OF :curname
Sorry I thought Zoltan's explanation was clear enough. All prior ECPG versions were fine because dynamic cursor names were only added in 9.0. Apparently only this one place was missed. So this is a bug in the new feature, however not such a major one that it warrants the complete removal IMO. I'd prefer to fix this in ... 5 Aug 2010 15:47
[HACKERS] CommitFest 2010-07 week three progress report
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner(a)wicourts.gov> wrote: New numbers on where we are with this CommitFest, at the end of the third week: 72 patches were submitted 3 patches were withdrawn (deleted) by their authors 12 patches were moved to CommitFest 2010-09 -- 57 patches in CommitFest 2010-07 -- 3 commit... 5 Aug 2010 15:47
[HACKERS] Online backup cause boot failure, anyone know why?
I want to create a database backup when PG is running, so I call pg_start_backup(''), scp the data to a backup directory, pg_stop_backup. Then I reboot PG , PG boot failed with log like "unexpected pageaddr X/X in log file X, segment X, offset X" "WAL ends before end time of backup dump". Then I check the failure... 5 Aug 2010 14:40
remove upsert example from docs
Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(a)gmail.com> wrote: Attached is a patch to remove the upsert example from the pl/pgsql documentation. It has a serious bug (see: http://www.spinics.net/lists/pgsql/msg112560.html) which is nontrivial to fix. IMNSHO, our code examples should encourage good practices and style. ... 5 Aug 2010 15:47
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13