First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
[HACKERS] reducing NUMERIC size for 9.1, take two
Here's a second version of the main patch, in which I have attempted to respond to Tom's concerns/suggestions. (There is still a small, side issue with numeric_maximum_size() which I plan to fix, but this patch is the good stuff.) -- Robert Haas EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com The Enterprise Postg... 30 Jul 2010 18:34
patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance
Robert Haas <robertmhaas(a)gmail.com> writes: On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Henk Enting <h.d.enting(a)mgrid.net> wrote: We ran into a problem on 9.0beta3 with check constraints using table inheritance in a multi-level hierarchy with multiple inheritance. Thanks for the report. This bug also appears to e... 3 Aug 2010 15:51
knngist - 0.8
I think that queries like this: select * from test where val <-> 500 < 1 order by val <-> 500; can also be optimized using knngist. In case of btree_gist this query can be easily rewritten: select * from test where val > 499 and val < 501 order by val <-> 500; But, in pg_trgm it makes it possible to combine differ... 2 Aug 2010 15:52
[HACKERS] review patch: Distinguish between unique indexes and unique constraints
The patch is in context diff format and applies cleanly. No doc changes were included. Arguably there should be a mention in the documentation for psql's \d+ commend, but since the number of child tables and the display of reloptions aren't mentioned, perhaps we're not trying to list *all* the differences the + m... 30 Jul 2010 08:35
On Scalability
2010/7/29 Joshua D. Drake <jd(a)commandprompt.com>: On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 19:34 +0200, Vincenzo Romano wrote: I expect that a more complex schema will imply higher workloads on the query planner. What I don't know is how the increase in the workload will happen: linearly, sublinearly, polynomially or wh... 31 Jul 2010 00:01
Obtain a University Degree based on your professional experience for a more satisfactory life. admonishing akenes aglycone
Special News for you! Do you want an effective future, double in money earning, and pat on the back :)? Special offer: We can assist with Diplomas from prestigious universities based on your present knowledge and work experience. Get a Degree in 5 weeks with our program! ~Our program will let ALL with p... 29 Jul 2010 08:35
[HACKERS] patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance
Hi, We ran into a problem on 9.0beta3 with check constraints using table inheritance in a multi-level hierarchy with multiple inheritance. A test script is provided below and a proposed patch is attached to this email. Regards, Henk Enting, Yeb Havinga MGRID B.V. http://www.mgrid.net /* Fi... 29 Jul 2010 07:29
Patch to show individual statement latencies in pgbench output
On Jul29, 2010, at 00:48 , Greg Smith wrote: Finally got around to taking a longer look at your patch, sorry about the delay here. Patch itself seems to work on simple tests anyway (more on the one suspect bit below). You didn't show what the output looks like, so let's start with that because it is both kind of nea... 28 Jul 2010 21:46
[GENERAL] Incorrect FTS result with GIN index
Oleg Bartunov <oleg(a)sai.msu.su> writes: you can download dump http://mira.sai.msu.su/~megera/tmp/search_tab.dump Hmm ... I'm not sure why you're failing to reproduce it, because it's falling over pretty easily for me. After poking at it for awhile, I am of the opinion that scanGetItem's handling of multiple ke... 30 Jul 2010 16:21
Patch to show individual statement latencies in pgbench output
Finally got around to taking a longer look at your patch, sorry about the delay here. Patch itself seems to work on simple tests anyway (more on the one suspect bit below). You didn't show what the output looks like, so let's start with that because it is both kind of neat and not what I expected from your desc... 28 Jul 2010 19:34