From: Douglas Johnson on
Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>It makes one want to take a flight to Lima and shoot those wonderful
>buildings, then shoot the OP. ;-)

Be nice. We were all beginning photographers once. There is no need to try and
boost ourselves by putting him down. It doesn't work. I suggest the OP find a
photography course in his area. We aren't being much help to him.
-- Doug
From: Bruce on
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 09:12:52 -0500, Douglas Johnson
<post(a)classtech.com> wrote:
>Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>It makes one want to take a flight to Lima and shoot those wonderful
>>buildings, then shoot the OP. ;-)
>
>Be nice. We were all beginning photographers once.

But we didn't inflict our worst efforts on the world via Usenet
newsgroups. And those who had no talent found other hobbies to enjoy.

Here is someone who is unusually inept and who shows an absence of any
willingness to improve. He gets worse, not better.

But to be fair, probably quite a high proportion of camera owners
aren't any better. The difference is, they don't inflict their
appalling lack of ability on other people, over and over again.

And over again. And then over again. Etcetera.

From: Allen on
Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 09:12:52 -0500, Douglas Johnson
> <post(a)classtech.com> wrote:
>> Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It makes one want to take a flight to Lima and shoot those wonderful
>>> buildings, then shoot the OP. ;-)
>> Be nice. We were all beginning photographers once.
>

> But we didn't inflict our worst efforts on the world via Usenet
> newsgroups. And those who had no talent found other hobbies to enjoy.
>
> Here is someone who is unusually inept and who shows an absence of any
> willingness to improve. He gets worse, not better.
>
> But to be fair, probably quite a high proportion of camera owners
> aren't any better. The difference is, they don't inflict their
> appalling lack of ability on other people, over and over again.
>
> And over again. And then over again. Etcetera.

We have only your own statements to tell if you are any better. It takes
_pictures_ to judge your level of skill. If, by some chance you should
forget and show us your work I won't see it, as this is the post from
you that I'll see.
Allen
From: mmyvusenet on
"Allen" <allent(a)austin.rr.com> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:qu2dnUf0vs7GaJTRnZ2dnUVZ_g6dnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
> mmyvusenet wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I also realized this photo in the Historical Center of Lima, in the Main
>> Square, but this time looking at the Government Palace:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4529970244/
>>
>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>>
>> --
>> MMYV
>> http://www.mmyv.com
> I would move to the left a few feet so the fountain isn't centered and
> back a few feet (or zoom out) so there is a little breathig room for it,
> top and bottom.
> Allen

Hello Allen, interesting suggestion, the day is overcast today, but while I
also added this photo from another perspective:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4529970244/

Thanks for your comments.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

From: Peter on
"NGBarfart" <ngbarfart(a)ngflatulence.net> wrote in message

> Here is the fine standard "Bruce/Tony Polson" believes Miguel should
> strive for. Note the fine captures of rail scenes & subjects. The
> wildlife & landscape, ...er waterscape shots are without equal.
> http://www.pbase.com/paris_polson/examples

I'm without comment. They speak for themselves.

Now, how do you know that Bruce is Tony Polson?

--
Peter