From: Joel Connor on
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:55:04 -0500, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net>
wrote:

>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:29:41 -0800 (PST), Draco <JPDFDA(a)HOTMAIL.COM>
>> wrote:

>>>The image you made is okay for a documentation of the entire bible,
>>>But not very good as to copy the page.
>>
>> I had the impression that he was attempting to capture the book as a
>> subject of interest and not capturing the book to document or copy
>> pages.
>>
>> Some books are interesting subjects because of the binding and general
>> interest of their appearance. In the case of the photo he's trying to
>> capture, the photographer should be closer to straight-on but still be
>> able to include the body of pages.
>>
>> As usual with mm's photos, the background should be better. He
>> doesn't seem to have a sense of being able to "pose" his subject in
>> either an appropriate background or a neutral background. This book
>> would photograph better on a solid color cloth with, perhaps,
>> something like a chalice or a votive candle in the scene.
>>

>To be blunt, you and others have been giving the OP some excellent advice
>since I have been lurking on this list. His failure to show any signs of
>attempting to follow it, leads me to wonder why he bothers. Even more
>interesting is why anyone bothers.

Wow. A semi-smart-person. Who'da thunk it possible in this newsgroup!

From: Charles on

"George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> And YOUR agenda is?

I was simply wondering about the purpose of this post? Did you read the
caption? If not, here it is:

"Several years ago I bought this Bible illustrated, and in this opportunity
seemed me interesting to practice close-up photography, showing the image of
the Burning Fiery Furnace, that according says the Book of Daniel in the
Holy bible, there were protected the friends of the Prophet Daniel, that
unjustly had been envoys there by the King Nabucodonosor, like also It says
later in the Scripture: The righteous is delivered out of trouble (Proverbs
11:8a, King James Version)"

The shot (for me) provided no justice or support for the above diatribe.

So, what's your agenda, George?

From: George Kerby on

On 2/16/10 7:22 PM, in article hlfgdq$i6l$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
"Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> "George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>> And YOUR agenda is?
>
> I was simply wondering about the purpose of this post? Did you read the
> caption? If not, here it is:
>
> "Several years ago I bought this Bible illustrated, and in this opportunity
> seemed me interesting to practice close-up photography, showing the image of
> the Burning Fiery Furnace, that according says the Book of Daniel in the
> Holy bible, there were protected the friends of the Prophet Daniel, that
> unjustly had been envoys there by the King Nabucodonosor, like also It says
> later in the Scripture: The righteous is delivered out of trouble (Proverbs
> 11:8a, King James Version)"
>
> The shot (for me) provided no justice or support for the above diatribe.
>
> So, what's your agenda, George?

Freedom of Worship. Freedom of Speech.

Stuff like that, ya know?

You DO know - right?!?

From: celcius on
I've been lurking on this one for days...
Have you all noticed?
Everyone comments ... and he hasn't added one iota ;-))))
He must be ROTFL!!!!
I hesitated before writing, because I'm doing exactly what I know we
shouldn't be doing: CONTRIBUTING TO HIS POSTS.
Just an idea.
Marcel

From: George Kerby on

On 2/17/10 10:42 AM, in article hlh68t$rc3$1(a)celcius.motzarella.org,
"celcius" <celcius38(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've been lurking on this one for days...
> Have you all noticed?
> Everyone comments ... and he hasn't added one iota ;-))))
> He must be ROTFL!!!!
> I hesitated before writing, because I'm doing exactly what I know we
> shouldn't be doing: CONTRIBUTING TO HIS POSTS.
> Just an idea.
> Marcel

Interesting observation. Maybe so?