From: Charles on

"George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 2/16/10 7:22 PM, in article hlfgdq$i6l$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
> "Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> "George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>>> And YOUR agenda is?
>>
>> I was simply wondering about the purpose of this post? Did you read the
>> caption? If not, here it is:
>>
>> "Several years ago I bought this Bible illustrated, and in this
>> opportunity
>> seemed me interesting to practice close-up photography, showing the image
>> of
>> the Burning Fiery Furnace, that according says the Book of Daniel in the
>> Holy bible, there were protected the friends of the Prophet Daniel, that
>> unjustly had been envoys there by the King Nabucodonosor, like also It
>> says
>> later in the Scripture: The righteous is delivered out of trouble
>> (Proverbs
>> 11:8a, King James Version)"
>>
>> The shot (for me) provided no justice or support for the above diatribe.
>>
>> So, what's your agenda, George?
>>

> Freedom of Worship. Freedom of Speech.
>
> Stuff like that, ya know?
>
> You DO know - right?!?

Proselytizing, even when thinly veiled, is still what it is. And, in this
particular case translates to OT posting.

You DO defend my freedom to state this - right?!?

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-02-17 13:23:25 -0800, "Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> said:

> "George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> On 2/16/10 7:22 PM, in article hlfgdq$i6l$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
>> "Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>> "George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I was simply wondering about the purpose of this post? Did you read the
>>> caption? If not, here it is:
>>>
>>> "Several years ago I bought this Bible illustrated, and in this
>>> opportunity
>>> seemed me interesting to practice close-up photography, showing the image
>>> of
>>> the Burning Fiery Furnace, that according says the Book of Daniel in the
>>> Holy bible, there were protected the friends of the Prophet Daniel, that
>>> unjustly had been envoys there by the King Nabucodonosor, like also It
>>> says
>>> later in the Scripture: The righteous is delivered out of trouble
>>> (Proverbs
>>> 11:8a, King James Version)"
>>>
>>> The shot (for me) provided no justice or support for the above diatribe.
>>>
>>> So, what's your agenda, George?
>>>

>> Freedom of Worship. Freedom of Speech.
>>
>> Stuff like that, ya know?
>>
>> You DO know - right?!?
>
> Proselytizing, even when thinly veiled, is still what it is. And, in this
> particular case translates to OT posting.
>
> You DO defend my freedom to state this - right?!?

Absolutly!

The problem with Miguel is, he does not get that evangelizing and
proselytizing his religion, regardless of how pious he is, is to say
the least, to me and some others here, offensive. I enjoy good old
non-sectarian shots. If we have to have shots of paces of worship, or
religious buildings, or ruins, let us appreciate those images for what
they are. Don't try and convert me, I am not convertible since I sank
into atheism 45 years ago.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Charles on

> On 2010-02-17 13:23:25 -0800, "Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> said:

> The problem with Miguel is, he does not get that evangelizing and
> proselytizing his religion, regardless of how pious he is, is to say the
> least, to me and some others here, offensive. I enjoy good old
> non-sectarian shots. If we have to have shots of paces of worship, or
> religious buildings, or ruins, let us appreciate those images for what
> they are. Don't try and convert me, I am not convertible since I sank into
> atheism 45 years ago.

Offensive and tiresome. I lurk here to enjoy and learn more about
photography. And, happily, it is mostly a gratifying process. The number
of smart and learned folks here is significant. A pox on those who seem to
be dedicated to ruining this for folks like me.

Thanks SD

From: tony cooper on
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:38:50 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-02-17 13:23:25 -0800, "Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> said:
>

>> "George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Freedom of Worship. Freedom of Speech.
>>>
>>> Stuff like that, ya know?
>>>
>>> You DO know - right?!?
>>
>> Proselytizing, even when thinly veiled, is still what it is. And, in this
>> particular case translates to OT posting.
>>
>> You DO defend my freedom to state this - right?!?
>
>Absolutly!
>
>The problem with Miguel is, he does not get that evangelizing and
>proselytizing his religion, regardless of how pious he is, is to say
>the least, to me and some others here, offensive. I enjoy good old
>non-sectarian shots. If we have to have shots of paces of worship, or
>religious buildings, or ruins, let us appreciate those images for what
>they are. Don't try and convert me, I am not convertible since I sank
>into atheism 45 years ago.

I don't see that a photograph of a bible is any different from a
photograph of a church, of worshippers going to church, or an Easter
Parade. A bible is a book; an object. If that object is in fine
leather binding with gilt letters embossed, or contains colorful and
artistic plates, its a legitimate photographic subject. As is a
comparably bound copy of "Tropic of Cancer".

It's not the object in the photograph, but the description he placed
on Flickr that was a bit over-the-line. I'll forgive that, though,
since it was obviously a copy/paste because he doesn't have the
English language skills to have written it.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: George Kerby on

On 2/17/10 3:23 PM, in article hlhmoh$hpg$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
"Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> "George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> On 2/16/10 7:22 PM, in article hlfgdq$i6l$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
>> "Charles" <charlesschuler(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>

>>> "George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I was simply wondering about the purpose of this post? Did you read the
>>> caption? If not, here it is:
>>>
>>> "Several years ago I bought this Bible illustrated, and in this
>>> opportunity
>>> seemed me interesting to practice close-up photography, showing the image
>>> of
>>> the Burning Fiery Furnace, that according says the Book of Daniel in the
>>> Holy bible, there were protected the friends of the Prophet Daniel, that
>>> unjustly had been envoys there by the King Nabucodonosor, like also It
>>> says
>>> later in the Scripture: The righteous is delivered out of trouble
>>> (Proverbs
>>> 11:8a, King James Version)"
>>>
>>> The shot (for me) provided no justice or support for the above diatribe.
>>>
>>> So, what's your agenda, George?
>>>

>> Freedom of Worship. Freedom of Speech.
>>
>> Stuff like that, ya know?
>>
>> You DO know - right?!?
>
> Proselytizing, even when thinly veiled, is still what it is. And, in this
> particular case translates to OT posting.
>
> You DO defend my freedom to state this - right?!?

Sure I do. This is USENET.

You are worried about OT posting, eh?!?

Right!