From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 13:29:56 +1100, "N" <N(a)onyx.com> wrote:

>"Albert Ross" <spam(a)devnull.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 01:30:55 -0700, "Russell D." <rmd(a)sfcn.org> wrote:
>>
>>>On the way back to my car I passed through the Harris Fine Arts Center
>>>and enjoyed a delightful but small (16 photos) student photo exhibit
>>>called ". . . and then the cops came." The exhibited photos each had an
>>>accompanying story by the photographers of their encounter with the law
>>>while they were taking the photograph.
>>
>> You too huh?
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8539361.stm
>
>So the news web site publishes the photo so all the paedophiles can download
>a pic of a little kid all rugged against the cold English weather and
>enjoying himself on a train ride.
>
>I wonder how much the news web site paid for the photo.

I admit to not knowing what turns pedophiles on, but there's nothing
about those two photos that is at all salacious.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: N on

"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 13:29:56 +1100, "N" <N(a)onyx.com> wrote:
>

>>"Albert Ross" <spam(a)devnull.com.invalid> wrote in message

>>> You too huh?
>>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8539361.stm
>>
>>So the news web site publishes the photo so all the paedophiles can
>>download
>>a pic of a little kid all rugged against the cold English weather and
>>enjoying himself on a train ride.
>>
>>I wonder how much the news web site paid for the photo.
>
> I admit to not knowing what turns pedophiles on, but there's nothing
> about those two photos that is at all salacious.
> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

I agree, and that begs the question of why the security guard would
interfere in the first place.

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-03-13 22:01:04 -0800, "N" <N(a)onyx.com> said:

> "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 13:29:56 +1100, "N" <N(a)onyx.com> wrote:
>>

>>> "Albert Ross" <spam(a)devnull.com.invalid> wrote in message

>>> So the news web site publishes the photo so all the paedophiles can download
>>> a pic of a little kid all rugged against the cold English weather and
>>> enjoying himself on a train ride.
>>>
>>> I wonder how much the news web site paid for the photo.
>>
>> I admit to not knowing what turns pedophiles on, but there's nothing
>> about those two photos that is at all salacious.
>> --
>> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
>
> I agree, and that begs the question of why the security guard would
> interfere in the first place.

Oh well! Here we go with the "begs the question debate" again.
Try "raises the question."

For an answer, you will probably find that the Mall management is more
concerned with liability issues regarding potential law suits. They
were thinking of their wallets before the fundamental right of a father
to take a snapshot of his son.
The rent-a-cop was just following the instructions he had been given to
stop photography. As an employee at the bottom rung of the wage ladder,
trying to keep a job. In his (peanut sized) brain he would probably
have little, to no wiggle room to make a sensible discretionary
decision to overcome his fear of being fired for violating corporate
policy.

They should have actually done a cost benefit study to see what it
might have cost them if they actually did have a team of paedophile,
terrorist, photographers working their Mall. Here they have lost the PR
war.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Albert Ross on
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 22:15:03 -0500, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 13:29:56 +1100, "N" <N(a)onyx.com> wrote:
>

>>"Albert Ross" <spam(a)devnull.com.invalid> wrote in message

>>> You too huh?
>>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8539361.stm
>>
>>So the news web site publishes the photo so all the paedophiles can download
>>a pic of a little kid all rugged against the cold English weather and
>>enjoying himself on a train ride.
>>
>>I wonder how much the news web site paid for the photo.
>
>I admit to not knowing what turns pedophiles on, but there's nothing
>about those two photos that is at all salacious.

B-but there was a CHILD in it, that's enough! <sigh>

I still remember the BBC News story about photographers on a beach
having their camera confiscated "in case" they were photographing
children.

The news story was run against stock footage of children playing on a
beach . . .
From: Charles E Hardwidge on

> B-but there was a CHILD in it, that's enough! <sigh>
>
> I still remember the BBC News story about photographers on a beach
> having their camera confiscated "in case" they were photographing
> children.
>
> The news story was run against stock footage of children playing on a
> beach . . .

Neighbours from hell don't get evicted because they have children and they
know it so there's no control on them ruining peoples lives. These children
have no incentive to perform and know they can get away with murder so
disrupt school classes with impunity. And so the cycle of low aspirations
and abuse continues. The system that's meant to drive progress and protect
society ends up encouraging the thing it's meant to stop.

--
Charles E Hardwidge