From: Peter on
"Charles E Hardwidge" <boing(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> Neighbours from hell don't get evicted because they have children and they
> know it so there's no control on them ruining peoples lives. These
> children
> have no incentive to perform and know they can get away with murder so
> disrupt school classes with impunity. And so the cycle of low aspirations
> and abuse continues. The system that's meant to drive progress and protect
> society ends up encouraging the thing it's meant to stop.

Kids today can't even bring rubber bands to their algebra class.
Rube bands are considered weapons of math disruption.

--
Peter

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-03-14 11:03:55 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:

> "Charles E Hardwidge" <boing(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>

>> Neighbours from hell don't get evicted because they have children and they
>> know it so there's no control on them ruining peoples lives. These children
>> have no incentive to perform and know they can get away with murder so
>> disrupt school classes with impunity. And so the cycle of low aspirations
>> and abuse continues. The system that's meant to drive progress and
>> protect society ends up encouraging the thing it's meant to stop.
>>

> Kids today can't even bring rubber bands to their algebra class.
> Rube bands are considered weapons of math disruption.

Does this mean string is banned for lectures on string theory?

It must relate to the lack of lead in their diet today.

It seems things were different when entire toys were made of lead
rather than all the hand wrenching over traces of lead in the paint in
some Chinese made toys.

I can just imagine some annoying child protective services or
enviro-warrior type destroying a valuable collection of cast lead
soldiers, all in the name of protecting the kiddies.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Peter on
> On 2010-03-14 11:03:55 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:
>
>> "Charles E Hardwidge" <boing(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>

>>> Neighbours from hell don't get evicted because they have children and
>>> they
>>> know it so there's no control on them ruining peoples lives. These
>>> children
>>> have no incentive to perform and know they can get away with murder so
>>> disrupt school classes with impunity. And so the cycle of low
>>> aspirations
>>> and abuse continues. The system that's meant to drive progress and
>>> protect society ends up encouraging the thing it's meant to stop.
>>>

>> Kids today can't even bring rubber bands to their algebra class.
>> Rube bands are considered weapons of math disruption.
>
> Does this mean string is banned for lectures on string theory?

A string was not allowed to enter a disco. He tried agian and tied himself
into a bow tie.
At the door the bouncer said "you're still a sting, can't let you in."
The string said, "No, i'm afraid not."

> It seems things were different when entire toys were made of lead rather
> than all the hand wrenching over traces of lead in the paint in some
> Chinese made toys.
>
> I can just imagine some annoying child protective services or
> enviro-warrior type destroying a valuable collection of cast lead
> soldiers, all in the name of protecting the kiddies.

There are some in every crowd.

--
Peter

From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 11:30:34 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-03-14 11:03:55 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:
>
>> "Charles E Hardwidge" <boing(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>

>>> Neighbours from hell don't get evicted because they have children and they
>>> know it so there's no control on them ruining peoples lives. These children
>>> have no incentive to perform and know they can get away with murder so
>>> disrupt school classes with impunity. And so the cycle of low aspirations
>>> and abuse continues. The system that's meant to drive progress and
>>> protect society ends up encouraging the thing it's meant to stop.
>>>

>> Kids today can't even bring rubber bands to their algebra class.
>> Rube bands are considered weapons of math disruption.
>
>Does this mean string is banned for lectures on string theory?
>
>It must relate to the lack of lead in their diet today.
>
>It seems things were different when entire toys were made of lead
>rather than all the hand wrenching over traces of lead in the paint in
>some Chinese made toys.
>
>I can just imagine some annoying child protective services or
>enviro-warrior type destroying a valuable collection of cast lead
>soldiers, all in the name of protecting the kiddies.

Years ago I purchased some molds that I saw in a store in NYC. My son
cast dozens of soldiers with them using melted tire weights. He
melted the weights himself and painted the soldiers. He seems no
worse for wear.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Paul Furman on
Savageduck wrote:
> Peter said:
>
>> Kids today can't even bring rubber bands to their algebra class.
>> Rube bands are considered weapons of math disruption.
>
> Does this mean string is banned for lectures on string theory?

Scissors & kittens!