First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
Relativity: Einstein's lost frame
From: http://www.lostrelativity.com/ "In the book "Relativity Einstein's Lost Frame" Rodrigo de Abreu and Vasco Guerra make a profound investigation on the physical meaning of Relativity Theory. They show that this theory is compatible with the existence of a privileged frame, which they named Einstein's Frame, ... 27 Jun 2007 09:18
The consumption of energy needed for CO2 emission reduction
The proponents of AGW, are now demanding to have laws passed to mandate 80% reduction in CO2 emissions by 2050. They confuse this issue purposefully with the conservation of energy and the dimished emissions from cutbacks in the use of energy. But an 80% reduction in energy use, is clearly not possible without ... 23 Apr 2007 14:38
weight
I need some assistance to figure out a problem. i was looking for an online calculator. I have a weigth mass, and I want to drop it at different heights, and compute the impact force. The impact area would also affect the actual force. Its about a 1 lb weight and a drop of 4 to 10 inches. I was planning on buying a... 16 Apr 2007 13:54
magnet motor - Circular Halbach Array
gdewilde(a)gmail.com wrote: When the Inductrack's train cars move forward, the magnets in the Halbach arrays induce currents in the track's coils, which in turn generate an electromagnetic field that repels the arrays. As long as the train is moving above a low critical speed of a few kilometers per... 14 Feb 2007 06:50
The sun energy source is not nuclear fusion, but magnetic fieldsfrom the center of the Galaxy.
dan@@pixelphase.com wrote: All the stars are heated by magnetic fields not just the sun. A simple proof of this is that there are no stars between galaxies. According to the Big Bang there is a lot of hydrogen fuel between the galaxies but there are no stars there because there are no magnetic fields the... 14 Jan 2007 01:32
Andros' Rephoton (2)
[Androcles] http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/msg/414521c791f5b20b wherein it says: The popular model of a molecule is two or more nucleons in close proximity sharing an outer shell of electrons. For some as yet to be discovered reason the outer shell prefers some integer multiple of two electrons, which ... 21 Dec 2006 22:57
Existence of Preferred Frame: 2nd Australian Experiment confirms Cahill
SECOND AUSTRALIAN EXPERIMENT CONFIRMS THE EXISTENCE OF A PREFERRED (spatial) FRAME Cahill has claimed that Michelson interferometers can only detect absolute motion if there is gas in the light path. So far 5 such gas-mode experiments have been identified, including in particular Michelson and Morley, and Mille... 18 Dec 2006 09:22
The most powerful woman in the world...
....according to Forbes Magazine, is Angela Merkel, chancellor of Germany. Chancellor Merkel holds a doctorate in physics from the University of Leipzig. Imagine! A world leader who may understand the second law of thermodynamics. ... 17 Sep 2006 17:04
Impossible For CO2 to Heat Oceans
Global warming is about *average* global temps over time, not individual temps at a specific time! Some areas may gradually become hotter while others (like the UK) may become cooler. You could measure the temps at night and they'd really be cool! :-) So argue all you want if global warming is occ... 25 Oct 2006 16:04
jar question
Here is a test question that I didn't get and don't understand: "An empty jar is pushed open-side downward into water so that air trapped in it cannot get out. As the jar is pushed deeper, the buoyant force on the jar...decreases." I don't understand the answer of "decreases" (as opposed to say "stays the same" ... 2 Apr 2006 16:45