From: Bob Howes on

"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>. An augmented unison is the most dissonant.
>>
>> - Denny
>
> Thanks Denny , I think you have found the name for my new band :-)

Yeah...but have you chosen "Augmented Unison" or "The Most Dissonant"?

Bob

From: Ron Capik on
Bob Howes wrote:

> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> . An augmented unison is the most dissonant.
>>>
>>> - Denny
>>
>> Thanks Denny , I think you have found the name for my new band :-)
>>

> Yeah...but have you chosen "Augmented Unison" or "The Most Dissonant"?
>
> Bob
I've never heard your group but I kind of like a
combination of the two: "Augmented Dissonance"

Later...
Ron Capik
From: Lord Valve on
Denny Strauser wrote:

> JWald wrote:
> > Hello Gentlemen,
> > A friends son is the singer in a death metal band. He is looking for an
> > effect that will allow him to do his demony growly vocal with more power. He
> > can do the low stuff, but he wants to sing in a higher range for power, and
> > produce the lower register for the crowd. Does such a thing exist? TC
> > Helicon? Digitech? Help. Thanks.
>
> Many professional FX units have a pitch change that can do this. Just
> read the manual to see if it can change the pitch one or two octaves;
> some cannot change pitch that much.
>
> I have done this with a female voice successfully. I also added a bit of
> Tri-Tone (flat 5th), which is the most dissonant harmony. Two octaves
> down + Tri-Tone .... makes the voice monstrous.
>
> - Denny

The most dissonant harmony is the minor second.

The tritone is evil, though, because it's the only
interval that stays the same when you invert it,
and it can resolve inward or outward. In fact, at
times in the past the tritone was considered
to be the Devil's interval, and you could go to
Hell for using it.

I'm going to Hell - I love 'em. ;-)

Lord Valve
Organist

From: Phildo on

"JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message
> Hello Gentlemen,
> A friends son is the singer in a death metal band. He is looking for an
> effect that will allow him to do his demony growly vocal with more power.
> He can do the low stuff, but he wants to sing in a higher range for power,
> and produce the lower register for the crowd. Does such a thing exist? TC
> Helicon? Digitech? Help. Thanks.

TC Helicon is the best bet but even an spx90 set to pitch shift will work
although it will sound very artificial.

Phildo

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3