From: Nervous Nick on
On Dec 26, 2:29 am, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Once again, plastic falls short.  Lack of oversight of products today
> is allowing companies to import shoddy RF-emanating products that are
> a problem, from computers with plastic box housings to set-top HDTV
> boxes.  Plastic and aluminum SUCK as RF shields.  Only steel or copper
> work well.  Below is an example of the problem.
>
> http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12869

So does this mean that that you've finally replaced your aluminum
foil hat with a proper Faraday helmet?

From: anonymous on

>>CLUELESS! Steel or other ferrous material or copper is the only sure
>>way to guard against RF.
>>RF paint on plastic!!!
>
> Yup. RF paint on plastic. Usually made with copper or nickel, I
> gather.

The USAF uses "iron ball" paint (likely not iron) on their black airplanes..

From: anonymous on

"Nervous Nick" <nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Dec 26, 2:29 am, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Once again, plastic falls short. Lack of oversight of products today
> is allowing companies to import shoddy RF-emanating products that are
> a problem, from computers with plastic box housings to set-top HDTV
> boxes. Plastic and aluminum SUCK as RF shields. Only steel or copper
> work well. Below is an example of the problem.
>
> http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12869

So does this mean that that you've finally replaced your aluminum
foil hat with a proper Faraday helmet?

Only if Rich's metal chair seat is attached to a proper radio grounding
grid, and the Faraday Helmet is attached to a 100' tower mounted lightning
rod...

From: -hh on
Eric Stevens <eric.stev...(a)sum.co.nz> wrote:
> Paul J Gans
>
> >Good grief!  You've given RichA something new to torment us with!
>
> I wonder how many holes have been punched through his brain while he
> has been thinking about this new source of worry?

Obviously, however many holes his head currently has, its not enough
holes.

-hh
From: Paul Furman on
Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:29:40 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Once again, plastic falls short. Lack of oversight of products today
>> is allowing companies to import shoddy RF-emanating products that are
>> a problem, from computers with plastic box housings to set-top HDTV
>> boxes. Plastic and aluminum SUCK as RF shields. Only steel or copper
>> work well. Below is an example of the problem.
>>
>> http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12869
>
> Shielding is designed to keep RF in. Your problem is that you cannot
> keep RF out. You should know that your shielding will not keep out
> X-Rays or Cosmic Rays, either.

The problem seems to be with the remote flash trigger's design.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net