From: TimPerry on

"Pooh Bear" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Pooh Bear wrote:
>
> > seal20 wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I need a power supply for my Spirit Folio 10-2.
> > > Would you know where to find such a device at a reasonnable price,
> > > or how to find/make one PSU that could work for my mixer ?
> > >
> > > Second point, if anybody have got the manual, I would be interested.
> >
> > The 'power supply' for the Spirit Folio series is simply a transfomer
> > with a centre tapped secondary.
> >
> > Unfortunately, third party 'OEM' generic A.C. 'wall warts' only offer a
> > single ( untapped ) secondary typically. You could make your own 'psu'
of
> > course. You'll need to change that proprietary 3 pole connector on the
> > back panel of course.
> >
> > I think it's around 18-0-18 V A.C. btw. I forget the watts. I expect
> > around a 15VA transformer is up to the job.
>
> After seeing Tim Perry's post - I'd better revise that ! It needs to be a
bit
> bigger.
>
> Most convenient typical next size up is usually 30VA.
>
> You can buy a transformer from Farnell
>
> http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=4334474&N=401
>
> or
>
> http://fr.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3068638&N=0
>
> Graham

the soundcraft part number is 952866 for the 115 VAC version

i just noticed that its marked for indoor use only. now i have used this
outdoors more then once... i wonder if i should wrap it a plastic bag or
something

From: Pooh Bear on

TimPerry wrote:

> "Pooh Bear" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> > Pooh Bear wrote:

> > > The 'power supply' for the Spirit Folio series is simply a transfomer
> > > with a centre tapped secondary.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, third party 'OEM' generic A.C. 'wall warts' only offer a
> > > single ( untapped ) secondary typically. You could make your own 'psu'
> of
> > > course. You'll need to change that proprietary 3 pole connector on the
> > > back panel of course.
> > >
> > > I think it's around 18-0-18 V A.C. btw. I forget the watts. I expect
> > > around a 15VA transformer is up to the job.
> >
> > After seeing Tim Perry's post - I'd better revise that ! It needs to be a
> bit
> > bigger.
> >
> > Most convenient typical next size up is usually 30VA.
> >
> > You can buy a transformer from Farnell
> >
> > http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=4334474&N=401
> >
> > or
> >
> > http://fr.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3068638&N=0
> >
> > Graham
> >

> the soundcraft part number is 952866 for the 115 VAC version

The OP was from France though ! ;-)

> i just noticed that its marked for indoor use only. now i have used this
> outdoors more then once... i wonder if i should wrap it a plastic bag or
> something

It'll let the moisure in if it gets seriously rained on.

Graham

From: TimPerry on

> > the soundcraft part number is 952866 for the 115 VAC version
>
> The OP was from France though ! ;-)

i guess he wont need the 115 V version unless hes touring

> > i just noticed that its marked for indoor use only. now i have used
this
> > outdoors more then once... i wonder if i should wrap it a plastic bag or
> > something
>
> It'll let the moisure in if it gets seriously rained on.
>
> Graham

my JBLs got seriously rained on this summer.... it dissolved the carpet
adhesive on top :(

i think whoever did the carpet on these had them upside down... usually the
seams are on the bottom

From: Ron(UK) on
TimPerry wrote:

> my JBLs got seriously rained on this summer.... it dissolved the carpet
> adhesive on top :(
>
> i think whoever did the carpet on these had them upside down... usually the
> seams are on the bottom

Maybe they put the joins at the top so that the adhesive doesn`t disolve
when you stand them in pools of beer :)

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system
From: seal20 on
TimPerry wrote:

>> http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=4334474&N=401
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://fr.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3068638&N=0
>>
>> Graham
>>

> the soundcraft part number is 952866??for?the?115?VAC?version

thank you all for your interest ...
well, as the soundcraft website doesn't give me choice "Spirit Folio 10?",
I'm really not sure about the PSU's part number for Europe.

--
Seal20
http://www.newchumpchange.com