From: Q on
I need a new crossover for a small rig ( pair of yammie S115IV, pair of
homebrew 18" subs on QSC RMX and USA series amps running 2 way active ).. I
have been using a behringer cx2310 for a while, but I have heard that rig
sound way better with other analog crossovers, so I think its time for a
change..

Sofar I have been looking at either the Driverack PA or the Behringer one..
The driverack is in the high end of the price I am willing to pay, but I am
willing to spend the extra cash if someone can come up with a good reason...
Riders are not an issue as this systems primary users are DJs and local
bands..

Any reasons to get one or the other?..
Any ideas for other processors/ Crossovers in the same pricerange?..

/peter

From: George Gleason on
"Q" <Q(a)Q.Q> wrote in news:JR7gf.744$Cl2.6416(a)news000.worldonline.dk:

> I need a new crossover for a small rig ( pair of yammie S115IV, pair
> of homebrew 18" subs on QSC RMX and USA series amps running 2 way
> active ).. I have been using a behringer cx2310 for a while, but I
> have heard that rig sound way better with other analog crossovers, so
> I think its time for a change..
>
> Sofar I have been looking at either the Driverack PA or the Behringer
> one.. The driverack is in the high end of the price I am willing to
> pay, but I am willing to spend the extra cash if someone can come up
> with a good reason... Riders are not an issue as this systems primary
> users are DJs and local bands..
>
> Any reasons to get one or the other?..
> Any ideas for other processors/ Crossovers in the same pricerange?..
>
> /peter

I do not think you will get "way better" sound from any magic box
you need better speakers and amps(at least dump the USA's) first
then look at your mics/wires/stands, the "foundation" of your system before
you decide to put a new roof on it

when your rig is ready buy the behringer
it is "way better" than the dbx drpa
it will actually protect your speakers if set up properly
the drpa COULD damage your speakers under certain situations even if set up
properly
george
From: Rob Beech on

"Q" <Q(a)Q.Q> wrote in message
>I need a new crossover for a small rig ( pair of yammie S115IV, pair of
> homebrew 18" subs on QSC RMX and USA series amps running 2 way active )..
> have been using a behringer cx2310 for a while, but I have heard that rig
> sound way better with other analog crossovers, so I think its time for a
> change..
>
> Sofar I have been looking at either the Driverack PA or the Behringer
> one..
> The driverack is in the high end of the price I am willing to pay, but I
> am
> willing to spend the extra cash if someone can come up with a good
> reason...
> Riders are not an issue as this systems primary users are DJs and local
> bands..
>
> Any reasons to get one or the other?..
> Any ideas for other processors/ Crossovers in the same pricerange?..
>
> /peter

This is one thats come up toooooo many times before.

Your best bet is search this group for discussions on each and both units.

As a summary.
I'd get the DCX2496. No exceptions.
DRPA has a power issue which can damage drivers if power is cut to it
accidentally.
DCX is a better unit anyway.

I use one on my B rig 3 way stereo.
I use 2 on my A rig 5 way (one unit for left one for right)
I also use one in a monitor rack for biamping my 2 side fills and 1 drum
fill.

A fantastic unit for the money.
I moved to theese from a BSS omnidrive which was over 10 times the price.

Rob

From: Phildo on

"Q" <Q(a)Q.Q> wrote in message
> Any reasons to get one or the other?..

Do a google news search. This topic has been done to death on here recently.

Basically go for the Behringer DCX2496 and avoid the DRPA like the plague.
You get a better unit for less money with the Behringer and it won't take
out your speakers if the power goes down the way the DRPA will.

Since you are saving so much money with the DCX you may also want to think
about the DEQ2496 as well. The DEQ and DCX together are a very powerful
package.

Phildo

From: Ralph Staub on
Q wrote:
> I need a new crossover for a small rig ( pair of yammie S115IV, pair of
> homebrew 18" subs on QSC RMX and USA series amps running 2 way active ).. I
> have been using a behringer cx2310 for a while, but I have heard that rig
> sound way better with other analog crossovers, so I think its time for a
> change..
>
> Sofar I have been looking at either the Driverack PA or the Behringer one..
> The driverack is in the high end of the price I am willing to pay, but I am
> willing to spend the extra cash if someone can come up with a good reason...
> Riders are not an issue as this systems primary users are DJs and local
> bands..
>
> Any reasons to get one or the other?..
> Any ideas for other processors/ Crossovers in the same pricerange?..
>
> /peter

This has been discussed to Death. Do a google search for the details.
The end result is that the DRPA is a disaster waiting to happen and the
behringer is a better unit for less money. There's lots more/better
product out there, but nothing better that the Behringer within your
budget of DRPA or less.

Ralph
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5