From: Bruce G on
Who makes the best powered floor monitors? Mackie? JBL? Just a small bar
band going shopping. Thanks

From: Ron(UK) on
Bruce G wrote:
> Who makes the best powered floor monitors? Mackie? JBL? Just a small bar
> band going shopping. Thanks

Do you literally mean 'the best' or the best value/choice for a small
bar band?

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system
From: Bruce G on
All info appreciated. It needs to be loud and clear. Availability on line
or locally will be the factor. thanks.

From: Phil Allison on

"Bruce G"

> Who makes the best powered floor monitors? Mackie? JBL? Just a small
> bar band going shopping. Thanks

** Based on my experience as a service tech :

Keep away from anything Behringer.

The older RCF powered boxes were fine.

The JBL EON stuff has a poor reputation, on all levels.

Mackie and RCF are now synonymous - but Mackie is so poor for reliability.

Forget " Zeck " absolutely .......

Sorry to be such a downer - but us service tech see ALL the worst problems.

........ Phil

From: Gene Sweeny on

Bruce G wrote:
> All info appreciated. It needs to be loud and clear. Availability on line
> or locally will be the factor. thanks.

Bruce, please do not top post.

That said, you should add Yorkville to your list.

They have a few powered cabinets that are probably in your budget
range.

NX550P/NX55P
NX250P/NX25P
NX750P