From: George Gleason on
> We are near Harrisburg PA and We need two monitors on a budget of
around
> $1800.00 or less hopefully.

1800 would get you a used pair of la212 and a decent ampof 350 to 400 watts
/ch at 8 ohms
george

From: Slim on

Bruce G wrote:
> Who makes the best powered floor monitors? Mackie? JBL? Just a small bar
> band going shopping. Thanks

Go to your nearest big box music store and listen to what they have
which will be Mackies, JBLs, etc. I've had a pair of Mackie SRM450's
since they first came out and still like them a lot. I use them with
the matching subs for my small to medium club rig and they work GREAT.
I've been using a cheap Mackie CFX20 board and life couldn't be any
simpler or quicker at set up time. I have a buddy that has some of the
Behringer powered 15 & horn monitors that sound pretty good too but
they're a pain to lug around (HEAVY) and don't pack as well.

From: Phil Allison on

"Bob Cap"

** If you wanna address the OP, then use his post to do that.

Not one of mine.

.......... Phil

From: Bob Cap on

"Phil Allison" <philallison(a)tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> "Bob Cap"
>

> ** If you wanna address the OP, then use his post to do that.
>
> Not one of mine.
>

> ......... Phil

Sorry

From: Douglas R. Allen on

"Bruce G" <luxinterior(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Who makes the best powered floor monitors? Mackie? JBL? Just a small
bar
> band going shopping. Thanks

Bruce

Take a look at Yorkville NX55P. Nice unit. Can be used as "Standard" speaker
or is designed to use as a monitor with correct angle built in.

http://www.audioeast.com/yorkvillenx.htm

http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?id=339&cat=22&type=29

On the Yorkville site click on "View Photos" to see it being used as a
monitor in the second photo.

I'm running 4 Ef500p's and 2 Ls800p's and like them allot.
Doug