From: Ralph Staub on
Q wrote:

> I am aware of the power-up issue on the Driverack, but I dont think it will
> be that much of a deal in this system ( no HF drivers to kill with a turn-on
> thump directly from an amp )

While you haven't come right out and said so, It sounds like you decided
on the DRPA before your first post. The DRPA is a crappy processor;
possibly the worst DSP on the market. Everyone has advised you against
it. It offers no benefit over the DCX except perhaps the sub synth,
which would destroy your small sub system in a heartbeat. BTW, HF
drivers are not the only drivers at risk from the 5V power on/off
voltage spike, nor does a passive crossover network offer a great deal
of protection.

Do as you will...

Ralph
From: George Gleason on
Ralph Staub <ralph(a)espsound.com> wrote in

> Q wrote:
>
>> I am aware of the power-up issue on the Driverack, but I dont think
>> it will be that much of a deal in this system ( no HF drivers to kill
>> with a turn-on thump directly from an amp )
>
> While you haven't come right out and said so, It sounds like you
> decided on the DRPA before your first post. The DRPA is a crappy
> processor; possibly the worst DSP on the market. Everyone has advised
> you against it. It offers no benefit over the DCX except perhaps the
> sub synth, which would destroy your small sub system in a heartbeat.
> BTW, HF drivers are not the only drivers at risk from the 5V power
> on/off voltage spike, nor does a passive crossover network offer a
> great deal of protection.
>
> Do as you will...
>
> Ralph

Maybe next he will be tellings us how he is using it with his new fantastic
bose pas in his basement
george
From: Q on

"George Gleason" <tbmoas(a)peoplepc.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> Maybe next he will be tellings us how he is using it with his new
fantastic
> bose pas in his basement
> george

I doubt that.. If I was using Bose stuff I would be too embaressed to tell
anyone about it :-)

/peter

From: Q on

"Ralph Staub" <ralph(a)espsound.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Q wrote:
>
> > I am aware of the power-up issue on the Driverack, but I dont think it
will
> > be that much of a deal in this system ( no HF drivers to kill with a
turn-on
> > thump directly from an amp )
>
> While you haven't come right out and said so, It sounds like you decided
> on the DRPA before your first post. The DRPA is a crappy processor;

I havent decided on anything yet. I was just inclined to get the dbx since
it seems that everyone else in the region here are using that and not the
behringer..

> possibly the worst DSP on the market. Everyone has advised you against
> it. It offers no benefit over the DCX except perhaps the sub synth,
> which would destroy your small sub system in a heartbeat.

I have no need for that sub synth.. If you ask me something like that does
not belong in a PA system...

>BTW, HF
> drivers are not the only drivers at risk from the 5V power on/off
> voltage spike,

True, but they are more sensitive than a 15" or 18" woofer.. Atleast thats
my experience

>nor does a passive crossover network offer a great deal
> of protection.

It does include a capacitor in series with the HF driver, wich could be
considered better than nothing with regards to protection :-)

/peter

From: George Gleason on
"Q" <Q(a)Q.Q> wrote in news:Jwkgf.778$Cl2.6821(a)news000.worldonline.dk:

> "George Gleason" <tbmoas(a)peoplepc.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>>
>> Maybe next he will be tellings us how he is using it with his new
> fantastic
>> bose pas in his basement
>> george
>
> I doubt that.. If I was using Bose stuff I would be too embaressed to
> tell anyone about it :-)
>
> /peter

LOL

Good!!!