From: Bob Urz on

George Gleason wrote:
> "Q" <Q(a)Q.Q> wrote in news:Jwkgf.778$Cl2.6821(a)news000.worldonline.dk:
>

>>"George Gleason" <tbmoas(a)peoplepc.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>>
>>>Maybe next he will be tellings us how he is using it with his new
>>
>>fantastic
>>
>>>bose pas in his basement
>>>george
>>
>>I doubt that.. If I was using Bose stuff I would be too embaressed to
>>tell anyone about it :-)
>>
>>/peter
>>

> LOL
>
> Good!!!
>
> many are not :-)
> george

You never know when that rubber nose and glasses combo might come in
handy........ I use mine at radio shack. ;)

Bob

From: Q on

> "Q" <Q(a)Q.Q> wrote in news:Jwkgf.778$Cl2.6821(a)news000.worldonline.dk:

> > I doubt that.. If I was using Bose stuff I would be too embaressed to
> > tell anyone about it :-)
> >
> > /peter

> LOL
>
> Good!!!
>
> many are not :-)

Well.. The 802 boxes are useable as speakers on sticks for speech and such..
Corporate clients seem to love them.... I wouldnt buy any though :-)

/peter

From: Mark & Mary Ann Weiss on

> As a summary.
> I'd get the DCX2496. No exceptions.
> DRPA has a power issue which can damage drivers if power is cut to it
> accidentally.
> DCX is a better unit anyway.
>
> I use one on my B rig 3 way stereo.
> I use 2 on my A rig 5 way (one unit for left one for right)
> I also use one in a monitor rack for biamping my 2 side fills and 1 drum
> fill.
>
> A fantastic unit for the money.
> I moved to theese from a BSS omnidrive which was over 10 times the price.
>

> Rob

I third this. Great unit, even at three times its list cost. 'Been using one
for 11 months now. Would NEVER go back to an analog crossover. Just too many
benefits and CONTROL capabilities in the DCX!

--
Best Regards,

Mark A. Weiss, P.E.
www.mwcomms.com
-

From: Jason Lavoie on

>Well.. The 802 boxes are useable as speakers on sticks for speech and such..
>Corporate clients seem to love them.... I wouldnt buy any though :-)
>
>/peter

I've never had a good experience with 802's except in ideal situations
where almost any speaker would work.
they're just terrible to ring out with a podium mic.

Jason
From: Peter Larsen on
Q wrote:

> The odd thing is that I used an EV AC-One crossover on that system
> for a while and the sound was coming from those boxes was amazing
> compared to what I had spent on the entire system.. Switched to
> a cx2310 ( was the only thing in stock at the local shop, and
> I needed it for a gig fast ) when the EV crossover developed
> intermittant problems.. Completely different sound coming
> from the same boxes....

Based on what you write I find it difficult to comprehend that you
didn't get the EV cross-over repaired after getting the stop-gap spare.

> Although the system is underpowered ( rmx850 on highs, USA1310
> on subs ) it has plenty of headroom for the shows it is used for,

It is not underpowered if it doesn't clip in actual use.

> The only thing that annoys me is the crappy sound of that cx2310....
> I could just get a new EV AC-One,

You say it has an intermittant fault, how about asking the repair people
on this group or locally about getting it fixed low priority. As long as
you have an analog desk output it seems sensible to me to keep the
signal path analog and not go to digital and back for a single box only;
but of course there are also other concerns and some of the time digital
boxes can do things that analog boxes can not.

>> when your rig is ready buy the behringer
>> it is "way better" than the dbx drpa
>> it will actually protect your speakers if set up properly
>> the drpa COULD damage your speakers under certain situations even if set
>> up properly

> I am aware of the power-up issue on the Driverack, but I dont think it will
> be that much of a deal in this system ( no HF drivers to kill with a turn-on
> thump directly from an amp )

It could be obnoxious for the ears of the audience as well as the - most
important - audiostaff. You MUST get (and carry) a UPS in case you go
for the driverack. Also, and it may matter, the Behringer with all its
options could be a much better toy and offer a good deal of learning
too.

> /peter

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5