From: Paul on
KOS wrote:
> On Jul 30, 6:21 am, Paul <nos...(a)needed.com> wrote:
>> Neil Green wrote:
>>
>>> Or the OP could just replace the fan in the PSU which is probably where the
>>> noise is coming from.
>> Yes, if you know what you're doing.
>>
>> Paul
>
> hi everyone, so the power supply came and it fit perfectly,,, no
> problems at all. Paul your links to the gateway site were 100 percent
> helpful, actually the install took about 5 minutes.. The only thing
> was that the connector was like 4 pin from the mother board to the
> power supply was not included, so I used the old one,, that one goes
> to the 5 label connector.... Note, as you know there is one i dont
> know if it is 25 pin that goes to th epowersupply and the mother
> board.. Then there is another connector that goest to the mother board
> to powersupply, 4 connector pins?? I used the old one.. Thing works
> good, house has not burned down!
> Than ks

So far, sounds like a happy ending :-)

The four pin connector on motherboards, is typically the ATX12V 2x2, with two
yellow wires and two black wires. That connector was added around the
time that Intel introduced the Pentium 4 processor. An onboard Vcore
switching regulator, converts the 12V into 1.5V (for a P4) or less
voltage, for operating the processor. That is what it would be for.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/12v4pin.jpg

If a person has a really old power supply, they can get an adapter cable,
to go from a couple Molex to the 2x2 square connector. This particular one,
has only one Molex 1x4 to draw power from (connector on the right), and
I wouldn't use this if the processor draws a major amount of power.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/12v4pinadapter.jpg

So I don't know if that is the kind of cable you're referencing or not.
If you need pictures to aid in the description, you can use photos
linked from this page.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

Paul
From: KOS on
On Jul 31, 5:59 pm, Paul <nos...(a)needed.com> wrote:
> KOS wrote:

> >> Yes, if you know what you're doing.
>
> >>     Paul
>
> > hi everyone, so the power supply came and it fit perfectly,,, no
> > problems at all. Paul your links to the gateway site were 100 percent
> > helpful, actually the install took about 5 minutes.. The only thing
> > was that the connector was like 4 pin from the mother board to the
> > power supply was not included, so I used the old one,, that one goes
> > to the 5 label connector....  Note, as you know there is one i dont
> > know if it is 25 pin that goes to th epowersupply and the mother
> > board.. Then there is another connector that goest to the mother board
> > to powersupply,  4 connector pins?? I used the old one.. Thing works
> > good, house has not burned down!
> > Than ks
>
> So far, sounds like a happy ending :-)
>
> The four pin connector on motherboards, is typically the ATX12V 2x2, with two
> yellow wires and two black wires. That connector was added around the
> time that Intel introduced the Pentium 4 processor. An onboard Vcore
> switching regulator, converts the 12V into 1.5V (for a P4) or less
> voltage, for operating the processor. That is what it would be for.
>
> http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/12v4pin.jpg
>
> If a person has a really old power supply, they can get an adapter cable,
> to go from a couple Molex to the 2x2 square connector. This particular one,
> has only one Molex 1x4 to draw power from (connector on the right), and
> I wouldn't use this if the processor draws a major amount of power.
>
> http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/12v4pinadapter.jpg
>
> So I don't know if that is the kind of cable you're referencing or not.
> If you need pictures to aid in the description, you can use photos
> linked from this page.
>
> http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html
>
>     Paul- Hide quoted text -

yup, its the 4 pin atx -not the black one,, you have a photo there
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#atx12v4

the power supply cost me 70 bucks, better than paying 900+ for a new
system. thanks again for your help w/this matter
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Need help with Ipod.
Next: mouse