From: Tony on
Chris wrote:

> chris wrote:
>
>> On 16/03/10 14:31, Tony wrote:
>>> What does 'file /var/www/somefile.php' and 'file
>>> /var/www/anotherfile.php' show from a shell?
>>
>> Good question. I'm not at the machine at the moment, I'll check
> tonight.
>
> Both files come back as: "PHP script text"

Ok, any control characters (errant carriage returns, hangover from DOS
editing?).

Can you give us the URL of the file that doesn't work and the one that
does? (I appreciate you might not want to / be able to).

--
Tony Evans
blog -> http://perceptionistruth.com/

From: Geoff Clements on
chris wrote:

> I'm having trouble installing the above. It's a small project management
> server that is installed via a php script in the browser. However,
> whenever I try to load the install.php script Firefox wants to download
> the file not run it.
>
> Trying a noddy homemade php script (phpinfo()) runs fine.
>
> The LAMP is installed and running fine AFAICT, but why won't it run the
> install script? I'm no php expert and am wondering whether it's a config
> issue.
>
> Anyone have any pointers as to where I may be going wrong?
>
> I'm using php5, MySQL 5.1, apache 2.2 on a Mepis 8.5 VM (based debian
> lenny).

Just a guess ...

edit /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini and find memory_limit then put the value up.
Don't forget to restart the webserver.

--
Geoff
From: Chris on
Tony wrote:

> Chris wrote:
>
>> chris wrote:

>>> Good question. I'm not at the machine at the moment, I'll check
>> tonight.
>>
>> Both files come back as: "PHP script text"
>
> Ok, any control characters (errant carriage returns, hangover from DOS
> editing?).

Not as far as I can see and I've passed it through dos2unix as well.

> Can you give us the URL of the file that doesn't work and the one that
> does? (I appreciate you might not want to / be able to).

Unfortunately not. It's only a localhost install in VM.
From: Chris on
Tony Houghton wrote:

> In <hnnhk7$eg9$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> chris <ithinkiam(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm having trouble installing the above. It's a small project management
>> server that is installed via a php script in the browser. However,
>> whenever I try to load the install.php script Firefox wants to download
>> the file not run it.
>>
>> Trying a noddy homemade php script (phpinfo()) runs fine.
>>
>> The LAMP is installed and running fine AFAICT, but why won't it run the
>> install script? I'm no php expert and am wondering whether it's a config
>> issue.
>>
>> Anyone have any pointers as to where I may be going wrong?
>>
>> I'm using php5, MySQL 5.1, apache 2.2 on a Mepis 8.5 VM (based debian
>> lenny).
>
> Did you try to fetch it with Firefox, realise something was wrong on the
> server which you fixed, but it still doesn't work after fixing the
> problem? I've had that happen because Firefox caches the MIME type as
> well as the content. Try clearing its cache at least as far back as the
> first time you tried to fetch it. And/or try another browser.

Fantastic that fixed it. Bloody hell how annoying was that? Something to
keep in mind for the future.

Thanks very much Tony, and to everyone else for helpful suggestions. Now
let's hope it's any good...
From: Tony on
Chris wrote:

> Tony Houghton wrote:

>> Did you try to fetch it with Firefox, realise something was wrong on the
>> server which you fixed, but it still doesn't work after fixing the
>> problem? I've had that happen because Firefox caches the MIME type as
>> well as the content. Try clearing its cache at least as far back as the
>> first time you tried to fetch it. And/or try another browser.
>
> Fantastic that fixed it. Bloody hell how annoying was that? Something to
> keep in mind for the future.
>
> Thanks very much Tony, and to everyone else for helpful suggestions. Now
> let's hope it's any good...

Hah glad it's fixed, Firefox's aggressive caching can be annoying during
problem solving.

--
Tony Evans
blog -> http://perceptionistruth.com/
books -> http://www.bookthing.co.uk/
[ anything below this line wasn't written by me ]

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Bash/Dash problem
Next: UKPost problem