From: chris on
I'm having trouble installing the above. It's a small project management
server that is installed via a php script in the browser. However,
whenever I try to load the install.php script Firefox wants to download
the file not run it.

Trying a noddy homemade php script (phpinfo()) runs fine.

The LAMP is installed and running fine AFAICT, but why won't it run the
install script? I'm no php expert and am wondering whether it's a config
issue.

Anyone have any pointers as to where I may be going wrong?

I'm using php5, MySQL 5.1, apache 2.2 on a Mepis 8.5 VM (based debian
lenny).
From: anahata on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:05:10 +0000, chris wrote:

> I'm having trouble installing the above. It's a small project management
> server that is installed via a php script in the browser. However,
> whenever I try to load the install.php script Firefox wants to download
> the file not run it.
>
> Trying a noddy homemade php script (phpinfo()) runs fine.

The first thing I'd check is the script file's permisisons.
You may need to make it executable.

--
Anahata
anahata(a)treewind.co.uk ==//== 01638 720444

From: chris on
On 16/03/10 11:02, anahata wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:05:10 +0000, chris wrote:
>
>> I'm having trouble installing the above. It's a small project management
>> server that is installed via a php script in the browser. However,
>> whenever I try to load the install.php script Firefox wants to download
>> the file not run it.
>>
>> Trying a noddy homemade php script (phpinfo()) runs fine.
>
> The first thing I'd check is the script file's permisisons.
> You may need to make it executable.

Done that. Even with global execute permissions, no joy. The noddy
script didn't need it, though.

From: Gordon Henderson on
In article <hnnpn8$6n1$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
chris <ithinkiam(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On 16/03/10 11:02, anahata wrote:
>> On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:05:10 +0000, chris wrote:
>>
>>> I'm having trouble installing the above. It's a small project management
>>> server that is installed via a php script in the browser. However,
>>> whenever I try to load the install.php script Firefox wants to download
>>> the file not run it.
>>>
>>> Trying a noddy homemade php script (phpinfo()) runs fine.
>>
>> The first thing I'd check is the script file's permisisons.
>> You may need to make it executable.
>
>Done that. Even with global execute permissions, no joy. The noddy
>script didn't need it, though.

I don't know "collabtive", but is it's setup script designed to be run
from the web server, or as a command-line application?

See what it looks like in an editor, and check it's filename.

To run under apache, it usually would need to be called something with
..php or .php4 or .php5 as the filename sufffix. It will also need to
start with

<? or <?php

preferably on the very first line... Without the .php suffix, apache
won't know it's a PHP program and treat it like a text-file.

If the first line is something like:

#!/usr/local/bin/php

then it's very probably a command-line program...

Gordon
From: chris on
On 16/03/10 12:13, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> In article<hnnpn8$6n1$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> chris<ithinkiam(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The first thing I'd check is the script file's permisisons.
>>> You may need to make it executable.
>>
>> Done that. Even with global execute permissions, no joy. The noddy
>> script didn't need it, though.
>
> I don't know "collabtive", but is it's setup script designed to be run
> from the web server, or as a command-line application?

The webserver. Although, I did run it from the commandline via 'php
install.php' and it generates HTML output.

> See what it looks like in an editor, and check it's filename.
>
> To run under apache, it usually would need to be called something with
> .php or .php4 or .php5 as the filename sufffix. It will also need to
> start with
>
> <? or<?php

Yup. It has all that. And yet Firefox still doesn't know how to deal
with it???
Thanks for the help.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4