From: NoEinstein on
On Jul 18, 8:05 am, GSS <gurcharn_san...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

(GSS) Dear (dead) Einstein: Absolute time isn't in any way determined
by the velocity of light, regardless of the direction the light
travels! — NoEinstein —

From: Craig Markwardt on
On Jul 17, 2:08 pm, GSS <gurcharn_san...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 16, 8:26 pm, Craig Markwardt <craig.markwa...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jul 15, 7:50 am, GSS <gurcharn_san...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> ... many edits ...
> > You are incorrect.  The two postulates of SR - assumptions - lead
> > logically to a theory which describes how measurements of length and
> > time will be made.  The second postulate by itself does not describe
> > consistently how measurements will occur, but your experiment involves
> > such measurements.
> >  *You* made additional assumptions in deriving your
> > theory.  *You* assumed that clocks must be synchronizable in all
> > frames simultaneously.
>
> No, I did not *make* any additional assumptions, I simply did not
> *use* additional false assumptions of SR.

You are in error:
Assumption G1. "However, as per the Newtonian notion of absolute
time and length, we may define an absolute or universal reference
frame..."
Assumption G2. "Let us further assume that the two spacecrafts A and B
are fitted with appropriate .. mutually synchronized identical atomic
clocks."
Assumption G3. You then proceed in your section 1 to assume that
those clocks are also simultaneously synchronized to the "absolute"
reference frame.

*You* made those extra assumptions. SR specifically does *not* make
those assumptions. In fact, it is a formal logical consequence of the
two postulates of SR that clocks in different inertial frames are not
synchronizable. It is no wonder that if you arrive at contradictory
results. The contradiction arises because *you* made mutually
contradictory assumptions.

You seem to think that the assumption of Newtonian relativity is
somehow not an assumption, which is bizarre and incorrect.

CM
From: Craig Markwardt on
On Jul 16, 6:42 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_z> wrote:
> "Craig Markwardt" <craig.markwa...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jul 16, 4:30 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 16, 11:26 am, Craig Markwardt <craig.markwa...(a)gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > Dear Long-Winded Craig: E = mc^2 / [1 - v^2 / c^2]^1/2 has only one
> > VARIABLE, 'v'. Increase the velocity UNIFORMLY, or linearly, and
> > Einstein has the output ENERGY, E, increasing exponentially.
>
> Huh?  You probably need to check your algebra more carefully before
> claiming the formula increases "exponentially."
>
> CM
>
> x^b defines b as an exponent.
> You probably need to check your definitions more carefully before
> claiming the formula doesn't increase "exponentially."

(a) "exponential" has a specific meaning in mathematics which is
certainly not what you describe (instead it is e^x where e is a
constant);
(b) a fairly simple analysis shows that the SR equation for energy
grows as 1/2 mv^2 for small v, just as expected from classical
mechanics; "NoEinstein" is incorrect.

CM
From: oriel36 on
On Jul 18, 11:25 pm, Craig Markwardt <craig.markwa...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Jul 17, 2:08 pm, GSS <gurcharn_san...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 16, 8:26 pm, Craig Markwardt <craig.markwa...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Jul 15, 7:50 am, GSS <gurcharn_san...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> > ... many edits ...
> > > You are incorrect.  The two postulates of SR - assumptions - lead
> > > logically to a theory which describes how measurements of length and
> > > time will be made.  The second postulate by itself does not describe
> > > consistently how measurements will occur, but your experiment involves
> > > such measurements.
> > >  *You* made additional assumptions in deriving your
> > > theory.  *You* assumed that clocks must be synchronizable in all
> > > frames simultaneously.
>
> > No, I did not *make* any additional assumptions, I simply did not
> > *use* additional false assumptions of SR.
>
> You are in error:
> Assumption G1.   "However, as per the Newtonian notion of absolute
> time and length, we may define an absolute or universal reference
> frame..."
> Assumption G2. "Let us further assume that the two spacecrafts A and B
> are fitted with appropriate .. mutually synchronized identical atomic
> clocks."
> Assumption G3.  You then proceed in your section 1 to assume that
> those clocks are also simultaneously synchronized to the "absolute"
> reference frame.
>
> *You* made those extra assumptions.  SR specifically does *not* make
> those assumptions.  In fact, it is a formal logical consequence of the
> two postulates of SR that clocks in different inertial frames are not
> synchronizable.  It is no wonder that if you arrive at contradictory
> results.  The contradiction arises because *you* made mutually
> contradictory assumptions.
>
> You seem to think that the assumption of Newtonian relativity is
> somehow not an assumption, which is bizarre and incorrect.
>
> CM

I have never seen so much fuss over a few timekeeping references and
especially that remarkable period 300 years ago when they decided to
disrupt the accurate,precise and stable principles which fixed
timekeeping to the raw astronomical cycles.Newton,as a mathematician,
is unsure about what references belong where and eventually builds his
absolute/relative space on motion on Flamsteed's reasoning insofar as
he comes out with an orbital value of 365.256 days corresponding to
sidereal time reasoning whereas Huygen's accurate summation between
time and the raw astronomical cycles determine the 365.242 value or
365 days 5 hours 49 minutes.This is easy enough to check -

"Absolute time, in astronomy, is distinguished from relative, by the
equation or correlation of the vulgar time. For the natural days are
truly unequal, though they are commonly considered as equal and used
for a measure of time; astronomers correct this inequality for their
more accurate deducing of the celestial motions. It may be, that there
is no such thing as an equable motion, whereby time may be accurately
measured " Isaac Newton

"Here take notice, that the Sun or the Earth passeth the 12. Signes,
or makes an entire revolution in the Ecliptick in 365 days, 5 hours 49
min. or there about, and that those days, reckon'd from noon to noon,
are of different lenghts; as is known to all that are vers'd in
Astronomy." Huygens

The continuous progression of equable 24 hour days derived
artificially from natural noon also substituted for constant daily
rotation at a rate of 15 degrees per hour and it still does,hence
there is no external reference for rotation through 360 degrees as
Flamsteed had it in his attempt to tie daily rotation directly to
stellar circumpolar motion in 'sidereal time'.

All these absolute/relative definitions of space,motion,at least as
they are used today,have very little in common with Isaac's
intentioned uses and it appears readers are absolutely content to
ignore the difference between fact and fiction in order to make
relativity and the later 'no center/no circumference' ideologies more
interesting on account of a few screwed up references and a few bad
assumptions.From my seat it is an amazing spectacle on two fronts,the
actual train wreck of timekeeping references as they are derived from
astronomical sources being the major one but also the willingness of
readers to subdue their own reasoning abilities in accepting the story
that evolved and emerged as a result of not comprehending exactly what
Isaac was up to.And so it remains to this day.

From: NoEinstein on
On Jul 18, 12:22 pm, JT <jonas.thornv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear JT: You said:

> I thought it was quite clear i was hear to criticise not to contribute. If i wanted to
> contribute i would have sent a bot.

> But you can be assured i would still been firmly resting layback, doing some lazy reading and
> critique from my armchair.

> JT

Fellow, science is too important to be little more than recreation for
the lazy. If you can't contribute anything, at least don't belittle
those who can and do. — NoEinstein —