From: JT on
On 16 Juli, 23:00, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/16/10 1:49 PM, JT wrote:

> >>     The Earth's angular velocity = 0.72921158553 X 10**-4 Rad/s
> >>     which comes out to be 86164.0905 seconds for a 2π (360°) rotation
> >>     and 239.344696 seconds for every 1° or rotation.
>
> > Is that angular velocity versus what sun fixed stars........ or what?
> > Is it also the absolute rotation?
>
> > JT
>
>    Rotation is absolute in this universe.

I have no hope that you understand that this sentence do not even make
sense without you specify relative what this ***** absolute rotation
*** will occur.

Afterall you are a very primitive bot, maybe the most primitive.

JT
From: JT on
On 16 Juli, 23:03, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> > Even as the 39-year-old Riemann lay dying of tuberculosis at Selasca on
> > Lake Maggiore in the summer of 1866, having already achieved his great
> > mathematical description of space curvature, he was working on a
> > unified description of electromagnetism and gravitation. Why then did
> > he not, half a century before Einstein, arrive at a geometric account
> > of gravity? No obstacle in his way was greater than this: he thought
> > only of space and the curvature of space, whereas Einstein discovered
> > that he had to deal with spacetime and the spacetime curvature.
>
> > Einstein could not thank Riemann, who ought to have been still alive. A
> > letter of warm thanks he did, however, write to Mach. In it he
> > explained how mass there does indeed influence inertia here, through
> > its influence on the enveloping spacetime geometry. Einstein's
> > geometrodynamics had transmuted Mach's bit of philosophy into a bit of
> > physics, susceptible to calculation, prediction, and test.
>
> > Let us bring out the main idea in what we may call poor man's
> > language. Inertia here, in the sense of local inertial frames, that is
> > the grip of spacetime here on mass here, is fully defined by the
> > geometry, the curvature, the structure of spacetime here. The geometry
> > here, however, has to fit smoothly to the geometry of the immediate
> > surroundings; those domains, onto their surroundings; and so on, all
> > the way around the great curve of space. Moreover, the geometry in each
> > local region responds in its curvature to the mass in that region.
> > Therefore every bit of momentum-energy, wherever located, makes its
> > influence felt on the geometry of space throughout the whole
> > universe--and felt, thus, on inertia right here.
>
> > The bumpy surface of a potato is easy to picture. It is the
> > two-dimensional analogue of a bumpy three-sphere, the space geometry of
> > a universe loaded irregularly here and there with concentrations and
> > distributions of momentum-energy. If the spacetime has a Cauchy
> > surface, that three-geometry once known--mathematical solutions as it
> > is of the so-called initial-value problem of geometrodynamics--the
> > future evolution of that geometry follows straightforwardly and
> > deterministically.
>
> > In other words, inertia (local inertial frames) everywhere and at all
> > times is toally fixed, specified, determined, by the initial
> > distribution of momentum-energy, of mass and mass-in-motion. The
> > mathematics cries out with all the force at its command that mass there
> > does determine inertia here.
>
> > One exciting experiment to be performed by the turn of the century will
> > be the measurement of frame-dragging by the Earth as it rotates. It is
> > estimated that the gravitational effect of the rotating Earth on the
> > local spacetime nearby is a measurable effect [330 milliarcsec per
> > year]. The mass of the Earth has about 0.698 billionth total voting
> > power as the rest of the universe on our local spacetime!

Your answer it just loads of hogwash and i am pretty sure you are
aware it do not answer anything.
You are now down on the simplest bot level that of reharshing
meaningless citations out of context.

Good luck.

JT
From: oriel36 on
On Jul 16, 10:00 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/16/10 1:49 PM, JT wrote:

> >>     The Earth's angular velocity = 0.72921158553 X 10**-4 Rad/s
> >>     which comes out to be 86164.0905 seconds for a 2π (360°) rotation
> >>     and 239.344696 seconds for every 1° or rotation.
>
> > Is that angular velocity versus what sun fixed stars........ or what?
> > Is it also the absolute rotation?
>
> > JT
>
>    Rotation is absolute in this universe.

"‘Now, it is very remarkable that this is so extensively overlooked,’
continued the Time Traveller, with a slight accession of cheerfulness.
‘Really this is what is meant by the Fourth Dimension, though some
people who talk about the Fourth Dimension do not know they mean it.
It is only another way of looking at Time. " H.G. Wells 1898 'The Time
Machine'

It would be a rare situation where a precept which existed in a
science fiction section of a bookstore in the late 19th century was
expressed as a supreme human intellectual achievement in the 20th for
breaking the boundaries by allowing fiction to gain a foothold
diminishes us all,not just the idea that it is possible to contend
with fiction but also the very process itself used to justify or
contend things like 'time travel' come under the same type of
handling.

The great poets and prophets of our race often expressed things in
fantastical form and especially those things which bridge intuitive
and intellectual enjoyment,things such as music, all great art and
even understanding of nature but never did these people ever try to
propose their fictional forms as fact.The ideology of human control
over time is a powerful one that plays to our memories,our curiosity
for the future and approval from people of the past but the sentiment
belongs in the fictional novel from which it came and where it
belongs.

The great mysteries are all there inside a person inasmuch as he
allows the enigmas to move freely between the individual and the
Universal,the temporal and the Eternal,art and life,the terrestrial
and the celestial rather than projecting childish novelties into the
Universe ,hence -

"When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child,
reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish
things.For now we see through a glass, darkly (enigmate in the Latin
of the Vulgate); but then face to face: now I know in part; but then
shall I know even as also I am known." Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUgoBb8m1eE

From: Craig Markwardt on
On Jul 16, 4:30 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Jul 16, 11:26 am, Craig Markwardt <craig.markwa...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Dear Long-Winded Craig:  E = mc^2 / [1 - v^2 / c^2]^1/2 has only one
> VARIABLE, 'v'.  Increase the velocity UNIFORMLY, or linearly, and
> Einstein has the output ENERGY, E, increasing exponentially.

Huh? You probably need to check your algebra more carefully before
claiming the formula increases "exponentially."

CM
From: PD on
On Jul 16, 3:30 pm, NoEinstein <noeinst...(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Jul 16, 11:26 am, Craig Markwardt <craig.markwa...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Dear Long-Winded Craig:  E = mc^2 / [1 - v^2 / c^2]^1/2 has only one
> VARIABLE, 'v'.  Increase the velocity UNIFORMLY, or linearly, and
> Einstein has the output ENERGY, E, increasing exponentially.  The most
> basic understanding of math shows that to be a complete violation of
> the Law of the Conservation of Energy.  So... SR is shot all to hell,
> by yours truly!  Why, then, are you wasting your, and everyone else’s
> time to be discussing SR, or Einstein anything?  — NoEinstein —

:>)
Everybody knows that if you have a quantity that depends on only one
variable, then if you increase the variable linearly, then the
quantity must also increase linearly. Everybody knows that.

Like in d=(1/2)gt^2, where there is only the variable t. You increase
the time linearly, and the distance must increase... whoops.