From: JT on
On 15 Juli, 15:22, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/15/10 7:16 AM, JT wrote:
>
> > So what do you suppose the ship rotate relative (i said it rotate at
> > 100 000RPM relative earth but what make you say it is really rotating,
> > so tell me what is the real rotational RPM and versus what i guess you
> > do not hold our earth for the origo of nonerotation?)
>
>    Rotation is absolute. Laser gyro measures rotation.

So Sam what RPM does earth rotate with.

JT
From: Dono. on
On Jul 14, 8:55 am, Craig Markwardt <craig.markwa...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> This paper is an example of poor refereeing by the reviewer and also
> your own neglect of criticism that occurred in the previous thread.

Craig,

PE is a fringe journal (like Apeiron) dedicated to "disproving"
relativity. This is why Gurcharn managed to "publish".
From: Dono. on

From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/15/10 11:39 AM, JT wrote:
> On 15 Juli, 15:22, Sam Wormley<sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 7/15/10 7:16 AM, JT wrote:
>>
>>> So what do you suppose the ship rotate relative (i said it rotate at
>>> 100 000RPM relative earth but what make you say it is really rotating,
>>> so tell me what is the real rotational RPM and versus what i guess you
>>> do not hold our earth for the origo of nonerotation?)
>>
>> Rotation is absolute. Laser gyro measures rotation.
>
> So Sam what RPM does earth rotate with.
>
> JT

Little weak on the unit conversions, JT?
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=0.72921158553E-4+rad%2Fs+in+rpm

From: PD on
On Jul 14, 4:51 am, JT <jonas.thornv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > > by dust. At night you will be in the Earth's shadow, and if your view is
> > > clear (no clouds) you'll see stars. As you turn, you'll see the stars
> > > cross
> > > the sky until you turn toward the Sun. Then it will be dawn, and as you
> > > watch, you'll turn with the Earth and the Sun will appear to rise in the
> > > sky
> > > and then set in the west, but it is really not moving at all, you are as
> > > you
> > > ride the Earth. Thus the Sun crossing the sky is RELATIVE motion. There is
> > > no absolute motion. Go outside and look up until you understand you are on
> > > merry-go-round called Earth and the universe is standing still while *you*
> > > are moving. Pick any star, then look where it is every hour of the night.
> > > Do
> > > this at least once in your life. I've done it many times, as do all
> > > amateur
> > > astronomers. If you get bored, do some night fishing. Be alone with Nature
> > > for company, for just one night. You may get to like it,  I know I do. Get
> > > away from city lights, get away from people anywhere and enjoy the
> > > universe
> > > you live in the way that people did before there was such a thing as
> > > electricity to spoil the glory of the heavens. I can't do it for you, only
> > > you can do it for yourself. If you have some impediment that prevents you,
> > > overcome it. I don't know you or anything about you, I can only suggest
> > > you
> > > learn to live alone for one night without TV, radio or people telling you
> > > what to do, how to think. Listen to the insects, look at the sky, catch a
> > > fish. Do not light a fire, stay in the dark and *see*.
>
> > Unfortunately, this is a typical answer that ignores the basic question..  It
> > seems to me that rotation proves that absolute motion exists, and I
> > can't seem to find a coherent explanation otherwise.  When something
> > is rotating, objects on it and part of it are forced to the outside by
> > something we typically call 'centrifugal force', a term I'm aware is
> > controversial.  When something isn't rotating, objects on that
> > something don't experience that 'force'.
>
> > Please, if you know of a coherent way of explaining this, point me
> > to it and I'll try to understand it, because I want to understand it.
> > If you're tired of typing, just point me to a link.
> > I and many others realize there are a lot of smart physicists who
> > state there is no absolute motion, and many laymen who are
> > directly aware that a rotating object is quite different from a
> > non-rotating object.  Unlike the speed of light issues (which
> > all make sense to me) the difference between rotating and
> > non-rotating objects can be experienced by anyone, providing
> > compelling and immediate evidence that absolute motion exists.- Dölj citerad text -
>
> > - Visa citerad text -
>
> I also find your questions interesting i do not know anything about

This seems to be a significant improvement in your self-assessment
skills.