From: ray on

>>> Do you mean to say that windows will get infected even if it runs as a
>>> guest OS on linux OS ? Strange !!

>>> Karthik Balaguru
>>
>> Main problem here is that bill knows absolutely nothing about Linux.
>> He's simply one of the MS shills who badmouth Linux at every
>> opportunity.
>
> Main problem here is that ray knows absolutely nothing about Windows.
> He's simply one of the linux shills who badmouth Windows at every
> opportunity.

Ah yes, should have mentioned frankie is another one - they're refugees
from a couple of the MS groups - always pumping FUD about Linux.

From: Frank on
ray wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:16:28 -0800, Frank wrote:
>
>> ray wrote:

>>> Main problem here is that bill knows absolutely nothing about Linux.
>>> He's simply one of the MS shills who badmouth Linux at every
>>> opportunity.
>> Main problem here is that ray knows absolutely nothing about Windows.
>> He's simply one of the linux shills who badmouth Windows at every
>> opportunity.
>
> Ah yes, should have mentioned frankie is another one - they're refugees
> from a couple of the MS groups - always pumping FUD about Linux.

You've become quite the lying POS linturd loser...ray...the snake!
From: B Sellers on
Frank wrote:
> ray wrote:

>>> Main problem here is that ray knows absolutely nothing about Windows.
>>> He's simply one of the linux shills who badmouth Windows at every
>>> opportunity.
>>
>> Ah yes, should have mentioned frankie is another one - they're
>> refugees from a couple of the MS groups - always pumping FUD about Linux.
>>
> You've become quite the lying POS linturd loser...ray...the snake!

Well u must be from MS because your answer is not helpful at all.
Probably never heard of Klamav.
MS usenet group scraped off the x-posting list.
later
bliss
From: B Sellers on
Karthik Balaguru wrote:
> Hi,
> The internet connection is in Linux (Host OS).
> I am just eager to know if i have Windows as a
> guest OS on Host OS(Linux), is it less possible
> for Windows to get infected by virus ?
>
> If Windows crashes, is there a mechanism
> to recover it from Host OS(Linux) ?
> Also, is there any mechanism to debug windows
> from linux ? Any ideas ?
>
> I am planning to use Ubuntu as Host OS and
> Windows Vista as Guest OS and either
> Vmware or VirtualBox (Virtual machines).
>
> Thx in advans,
> Karthik Balaguru

Why post to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general?
They are ignorant of Linux and its capabilities.

later
bliss
From: The Natural Philosopher on
Karthik Balaguru wrote:
> Hi,
> The internet connection is in Linux (Host OS).
> I am just eager to know if i have Windows as a
> guest OS on Host OS(Linux), is it less possible
> for Windows to get infected by virus ?

No, but a snapshot restore will get you back up a lot quicker..

> If Windows crashes, is there a mechanism
> to recover it from Host OS(Linux) ?
Not really. If it crashes it crashes. It jhas to restart someohow.

> Also, is there any mechanism to debug windows
> from linux ? Any ideas ?

Pass.

> I am planning to use Ubuntu as Host OS and
> Windows Vista as Guest OS and either
> Vmware or VirtualBox (Virtual machines).

good idea. I just finished a Virtual box installation. Faster than
VMware by far, though not quite so pretty at the edges.