First  |  Prev |
Pages: 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238
Import a textfile to MS SQL with python
I'm a dba for SQL server and I Will import a textfile to SQL. For example I use a file with 3 columns. ID, Name and Surname and the columns are tab separated. I don't know much about programming. Anyway, I use this code below. It works, but it will not split the columns. I have tried to change the argumnts in str(a... 6 Sep 2006 09:55
py2exe and libxml
I wrote a little win32 console application that uses libxml2. It is working fine. If I create an .exe version, I get this error when I try to start the program: Traceback (most recent call last): File "MyProgram.py", line 3, in ? File "mylib\item.pyc", line 5, in ? ImportError: dynamic module does not d... 5 Sep 2006 04:01
Modules... paths... newbie confusion
I wonder if someone could clarify how Python "knows" where modules are - or at least point to some documentation that might help me? Here's what I've been trying: I've installed Python 2.4 Windows, and have also installed tkinter, pmw, cx_Oracle, mssql and pytz (phew!) all under my c:\python24 folder. But whe... 25 Aug 2006 06:18
A Unicode problem -HELP
I am writing a program to translate a list of ascii letters into a different language that requires unicode encoding. This is what I have done so far: 1. I have # -*- coding: UTF-8 -*- as my first line. 2. In Wing IDE I have set Default Encoding to UTF-8 3. I have imported codecs and opened and written my fil... 17 May 2006 18:41
multiline comments
At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I'm wondering why Python doesn't have any multiline comments. One can abuse triple-quotes for that purpose, but that's obviously not what it's for and doesn't nest properly. ML has a very elegant system for nested comments with (* and *). Using an editor to throw #s in f... 20 Apr 2006 15:10
how do you pronounce 'tuple'?
Yes, silly question, but it keeps me up at night. :) I know it comes from the suffix -tuple, which makes me think it's pronounced as 'toople', but I've seen (at m-w.com) that the first pronunciation option is 'tuhple', so I wasn't sure. Maybe it's both, but which is most prevalent? Thanks! Now time to go b... 15 Feb 2006 21:46
strange file.write() behavior on windows: $ConvertToNonresident, $ReplaceAttribute2
while taking some rough disk performance measures on windows machines, and snooping with FileMon, i've noticed some odd behavior here's the little nul-writer i'm running: def writeTest(nBlocks, blockSize): """write nBlocks*blockSize nuls to a file""" f = open("writeTest.out", "wb") nulBlock = '\0'*block... 16 Nov 2005 18:56
triangulation
is there any sample code to triangulation? many thanks! ... 10 Nov 2005 17:44
Brute force sudoku cracker
Hi group, I came across some of these online sudoku games and thought after playing a game or two that I'd better waste my time writing a solver than play the game itself any longer. I managed to write a pretty dumb brute force solver that can at least solve the easy cases pretty fast. It basically works by li... 22 Sep 2005 09:09
Python 2.4 decompiler
A brand new python 2.4 bytecode decompiler has been released. The compiling service is now available and includes features to check the correctness of the output. Those who need the service can contact us at python.decompiler(a)gmail.com ... 1 Sep 2005 03:32