First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
running a piece of code at specific intervals?
Don't say cron : I want to have a section of my code executed at 15 minute intervals. I am using Threading.timer, but it is causing a problem sinxe I am using sqlite3 and the thread support gives me an error, which aborts part of my code. So, is there an alternative to threading.timer? ... 4 Aug 2010 16:53
XML parsing: SAX/expat & yield
I want to write code that parses a file that is far bigger than the amount of memory I can count on. Therefore, I want to stay as far away as possible from anything that produces a memory-resident DOM tree. The top-level structure of this xml is very simple: it's just a very long list of "records". All t... 4 Aug 2010 17:58
problem adding a scrollbar to a text widget
Here is my chunk of code. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong to put my scrollbar on the right hand side of the text box. from Tkinter import * def showLogFile(): top = Toplevel() f = Frame(top, bd=0, bg="Gray") top.title = "netcomm log file" f.grid() sc = Scrollbar(top) sc.gri... 4 Aug 2010 13:35
The Application cannot locate win32ui.pyd (or Python) (126)
Hi all, I just installed python 3.1.2 where I used to have python 2.6.4. I'm working on Win7. The IDLE GUI works, but I get the following message when trying to open *.py files written for py 2.6 The Application cannot locate win32ui.pyd (or Python) (126) Should I change the PATH in Windows? Shoul... 4 Aug 2010 15:47
newbie problem with str.replace
I'm working on a set of scripts and I can't get a replace to work in the script - please help. The scripts show no errors, work properly apart from the replace, all variables are filled as expected, the scripts works properly when the commands are copied to the Python shell. Text Main: ... from LeadDevice_kl... 4 Aug 2010 10:18
parsing a c project
Hi, I need to know the memory locations of all variables in a C project including variables allocated inside structs. What I want to do in to expand the structs into its basic elements (floats, int16 and int8). In a header file (example.h) I have the following definitions. struct house{ float area; ... 4 Aug 2010 10:18
Python package to read .7z archives?
Is there an equivalent of zipfile.py for .7z archives? I have one which extracts an archive member by running 7z e -so, but that's a *slow* way to read one file at a time. Google found me some python interfaces to lzma, but apparently they only handle single compressed files, not .7z archives. (Actually anothe... 4 Aug 2010 09:12
lpr via subprocess in 2.4
I am am trying to run the following command via subprocess lpr -P printqueue filetoprint I cannot seem to get it to work and return stderr I think the issue is how to specify the arguments I am trying subprocess.Popen(['lpr -P' ,'laserlpr','/etc/hosts'], shell=False) but get error : Traceback (most... 4 Aug 2010 08:08
Difference between queues and pipes in multiprocessing
Hi, I was wondering what are the differences between queues and pipes implemented using multiprocessing python module. Am I correct if I say, in pipes, if another process writes to one receiving end concurrently, then an error will be raised and in queues the later processes data will just queued up? Thanks Nav... 4 Aug 2010 05:59
error: (113, 'Software caused connection abort')0
hi i face with this problem when i want to run this command on cygwin: python httpd.py 8000 example-300-1k-rigid.py Dfghfji12d52s35s2sswee9E with this error :0 Exception happened during processing of request from ('127.0.0.1', 35868) Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/Soc... 4 Aug 2010 12:29