First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
how to build same executabl with andwithout console output
python(a)bdurham.com wrote: Is there any trick in adding a console window to an application, that was built as 'windows' application? I was recently wondering the same thing myself. My research indicates that its not possible to have a single Windows application that can run in both console and G... 30 Jul 2010 10:46
pylint scores
I am starting to use pylint to look at my code and I see that it gives a rating. What values do experienced python programmers get on code not targeting the benchmark? I wrote some code, tried to keep it under 80 characters per line, reasonable variable names, and I got: 0.12 / 10. Is this a good score for ... 6 Aug 2010 09:20
Builtn super() function. How to use it with multiple inheritance? And why should I use it at all?
Gregory Ewing <greg.ewing(a)canterbury.ac.nz> writes: I think the point is that the name is misleading, because it makes it *sound* like it's going to call a method in a superclass, when it fact it might not. That is indeed confusing to some people, especially those who refuse to to accept the notion that ... 30 Jul 2010 09:40
Basic Information about Python
Hi All, I am new to python based application developement. I am using Windows XP. 1. Can I create desktop application (just hello world program) with Python language like exe in VC++? 2. If First statement is Yes, Can I include this application with my existing setup(assume 10 MB) for windows? ... 30 Jul 2010 14:04
The untimely dimise of a weak-reference
Hi everyone, I was working with weak references in Python, and noticed that it was impossible to create a weak-reference of bound methods. Here is a little python 3.0 program to prove my point: import weakref print("Creating object...") class A(object): def b(self): print("I am still here"... 3 Aug 2010 20:14
Builtn super() function. How to use it with multiple inheritance? And why should I use it at all?
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:35:52 +1200, Gregory Ewing wrote: Steven D'Aprano wrote: super() is just as explicit as len(), or str.upper(). It says, explicitly, that it will call the method belonging to one or more superclass of the given class. That's not strictly true. It will call a method belo... 30 Jul 2010 08:34
Normalizing A Vector
Say a vector V is a tuple of 3 numbers, not all zero. You want to normalize it (scale all components by the same factor) so its magnitude is 1. The usual way is something like this: L = math.sqrt(V[0] * V[0] + V[1] * V[1] + V[2] * V[2]) V = (V[0] / L, V[1] / L, V[2] / L) What I don't like is having ... 2 Aug 2010 23:31
how to build same executabl with and withoutconsole output
> Is there any trick in adding a console window to an application, that was built as 'windows' application? I was recently wondering the same thing myself. My research indicates that its not possible to have a single Windows application that can run in both console and GUI ("Windows") modes. Here are 2 links th... 30 Jul 2010 16:20
stdout of external program.
Paul Lemelle wrote: HELP! :) I am trying to output the following program's output to either a file or variable, how can this be done? # Writing the output to a standard argv argument #1/usr/bin/python import sys for arg in sys.argv: print arg #END Thanks, Paul ... 30 Jul 2010 05:19
how to build same executabl with and without console output
Hi, What I'd like to achieve ideally is to create a py2exe program, which will only display a window (so 'compiled' as 'windows'-application) if called normally. however if being called with the option --debug it should display the graphical window plus a debug console where I can print to. Is there ... 30 Jul 2010 16:20